I don't drink but every time Oliver says "jack" or "jacked" @DJDeepFried and I take an imaginary drink. We are pretty well fake sloshed by the end of most episodes. On Project Runway we take a fake shot every time someone mispronounces "aesthetic" which is like 50 times per episode.

This might be my new favorite drinking game.

In Oklahoma there are elaborate drinking games centered around weather reports - tornado season results in frequent intoxication ;)

I have to ask then, how do you now feel about Oliver Peck and Chris Nunez, Forrest, Tony Hundahl, etc.?

I've lost a ton of respect for Nunez. The rest of them are tooled-up to go with the (menstrual...) flow of the show's format. A general sad example of the septic depths that a "reality" show will sink to.

Rob

I think the show and the competition is complete shit, worthless, but the one thing that I think has come of it is using the guest judge category to put the spotlight on quality tattooing, cause the contestants sure can't accomplish that.

It really doesn't matter what I think of Oliver, and as much I feel like I wouldn't care for most other people that do what he does, I think he does more good for tattooing than bad. I think putting on the Elm St convention really sealed it for me. There are so many shitty tattoo conventions that are selling tickets by promoting z list celebrities and runner ups in shitty tattoo shows as headliners, most of these things run by non tattooers, and often people with little interest in tattooing, except the amount of money it could put in your pocket, but Oliver decides to put on a quality convention with only top tattooers, there is ever opportunity to have some big company bank roll some tattoo convention shit show, where they would pimp out his celebrity and those on the show to try to sell tickets to juggalos and reality tv junkies.

Ultimately I don't think it matters what I think anyway, but that is a small snip it of how I see it.

I think the show and the competition is complete shit, worthless, but the one thing that I think has come of it is using the guest judge category to put the spotlight on quality tattooing, cause the contestants sure can't accomplish that.

But the show even misses the mark with the guest judges IMO. Christ, they have Cory Miller, Hundahl, Denning, etc. on and they give them like 30 seconds of screen time. All the time they fill up with fake drama could be spent spotlighting the guest artists, etc.

It's a shame.

Someone please bring back Tattoo Age

I'm a little disappointed that Nikko Hurtado went on as a guest judge. I look up to him, and not that it changed at all since.

Just made me cringe, especially since recently on his instagram he was hoping to win his art being put on 'rockstar' energy drinks.

*sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

Yea Tattoo Age is so real, and true to the artists. No stupid shit or drama.

But the show even misses the mark with the guest judges IMO. Christ, they have Cory Miller, Hundahl, Denning, etc. on and they give them like 30 seconds of screen time. All the time they fill up with fake drama could be spent spotlighting the guest artists, etc.

It's a shame.

Someone please bring back Tattoo Age

We all know the show is shit, I am just saying that at least using your level of celebrity to get peoples name out in the general public that deserve it. You know anything useful that they say isn't going to make it to air, and most people watch the show for drama not for the tattoos, but along the same idea as Stewart said, who else would you want representing the tattooing professionals in shows like this. How much worse would the show be if some hacks were

getting famous and promoting themselves weekly on television.

I would love to see Tattoo age come back, but I understand projects like that aren't as easy to make happen as green lighting a television show with major network backing and a list of sponsors.

We all know the show is shit, I am just saying that at least using your level of celebrity to get peoples name out in the general public that deserve it. You know anything useful that they say isn't going to make it to air, and most people watch the show for drama not for the tattoos, but along the same idea as Stewart said, who else would you want representing the tattooing professionals in shows like this. How much worse would the show be if some hacks were

getting famous and promoting themselves weekly on television.

I would love to see Tattoo age come back, but I understand projects like that aren't as easy to make happen as green lighting a television show with major network backing and a list of sponsors.

Oh, I'm totally with you on that. Heck, I even applaud Myke Chambers for recently appearing on that abomination of a show "Tattoo Rescue." Someone has to do it, so it might as well be the truly talented and those that can rep. tattooing in the best possible way.

Oh, I'm totally with you on that. Heck, I even applaud Myke Chambers for recently appearing on that abomination of a show "Tattoo Rescue." Someone has to do it, so it might as well be the truly talented and those that can rep. tattooing in the best possible way.

I'm not sure everyone would agree that Myke Chambers is one of the "truly talented".

We have a "shop" and I use that term very lightly, promoting that they have, a non winner from Inkmasters, working there permanently. I don't get it. He didn't win.

I just saw an ad in a local rag that Joshua is now tattooing at a shop here in Portland. Oh boy! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure everyone would agree that Myke Chambers is one of the "truly talented".

How the heck was that a quote of my post? I have no opinion on Myke Chambers as to being one of the greats tattooers, but I will say I like a lot of his work, but I don't know if I want a tattoo from him.

- - - Updated - - -

How the heck was that a quote of my post? I have no opinion on Myke Chambers.

This may sound like a double standard, but I think the tattoo rescue show is far worse than Inkmasters. Inkmasters takes average tattooers with inflated egos and brings them back to reality through weeks or ridicule and harsh critiques, in the hopes they may achieve a low level of celebrity. Let the shops fail in Tattoo Rescue, they are the shops that we all bitch about that are ruining tattooing, and making it harder for everyone else. If you need someone to come in and tell you to keep your shop clean and act professional, you don't deserve a shop. But honestly I didn't watch the tattoo rescue show, but once so that is just what I saw on that episode.