How the heck was that a quote of my post? I have no opinion on Myke Chambers.

- - - Updated - - -

This may sound like a double standard, but I think the tattoo rescue show is far worse than Inkmasters. Inkmasters takes average tattooers with inflated egos and brings them back to reality through weeks or ridicule and harsh critiques, in the hopes they may achieve a low level of celebrity. Let the shops fail in Tattoo Rescue, they are the shops that we all bitch about that are ruining tattooing, and making it harder for everyone else. If you need someone to come in and tell you to keep your shop clean and act professional, you don't deserve a shop.

Sorry butchered my post editing.

I watch this show, I honestly don't know why I do, it just pisses me off 99% of the time. Occasionally, there's some nice work on there, but the guy who does that nice work almost never wins for the week. UGH. One of the guys is terrible at drawing, and somehow wasn't eliminated the first week. I always thought being good at the most basic fundamental behind tattooing was kind of a requirement, silly me? And Tatu Baby pisses me off. Mediocre work at best every week, for 2 SEASONS. She was voted back by the viewers solely for her boobs, and has now made it to the finale for the second time. I wouldn't get a tattoo by her if she paid me.

Also, unless I missed something, I don't think they did a traditional themed challenge. I'm pretty sure they did one in the first two seasons. It was always a disaster, maybe that's why they stopped.

She was voted back by the viewers solely for her boobs, and has now made it to the finale for the second time.

Actually, she wasn't in the finale last season, she lost to that God-awful Sebastian.

Also, unless I missed something, I don't think they did a traditional themed challenge. I'm pretty sure they did one in the first two seasons. It was always a disaster, maybe that's why they stopped.

If they stopped the challenges because most 'artists' fucked them up then they would need to stop pinups, portraits and realism too!

"If they stopped the challenges because most 'artists' fucked them up then they would need to stop pinups, portraits and realism too!"

Yeah, the show would pretty much be over. There wouldn't be anything left for them to do. Actually I'm sure they would have a bitchin batch of new school episodes. And that would be alot of fun. Sarcasm.

Another season in the crapper! I was not knocked out by any of the finalist's pieces. Not that they were bad, but if an artist is given complete freedom to do what they want and 35 hours to do it, I expect to be wowed.

I agree,35 hours is a descent amount of time to do a really good piece.

I'm a little disappointed that Nikko Hurtado went on as a guest judge. I look up to him, and not that it changed at all since.

Just made me cringe, especially since recently on his instagram he was hoping to win his art being put on 'rockstar' energy drinks.

Why would his aspiration to get his artwork on a drink can upset you? Maybe it's something he has been trying to do for a while. If he was an unknown but extremely talented artist who was trying to do the same thing, you'd probably vouch for him. Let the man have a little fun!

I was stunned at how mediocre the 35 hour pieces were. Jime's could have been cool if it actually looked like the eagle, snake, and dragon were fighting (how hard could that have been?). My hatred for Tatu Baby grew even more after the finale. Her canvas walks out, so she re-uses the drawing, and slaps it on another guy. So now two guys are walking around with the same wolf on them. Laziness.

@Lotus, I agree, loved Chris's piece. I really liked some of what he did, I was kind of bummed that he was never consistent enough to make it further in the show.

Why would his aspiration to get his artwork on a drink can upset you? Maybe it's something he has been trying to do for a while. If he was an unknown but extremely talented artist who was trying to do the same thing, you'd probably vouch for him. Let the man have a little fun!

watch the latest site interview with Scott ;)

Another season in the crapper! I was not knocked out by any of the finalist's pieces. Not that they were bad, but if an artist is given complete freedom to do what they want and 35 hours to do it, I expect to be wowed.

I had the same thoughts, I wanted to be "wowed" and was really looking forward especially to seeing the battle royal piece but was unimpressed by all three.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure everyone would agree that Myke Chambers is one of the "truly talented".

Just curious, what don't you like about Chambers' work? I happen to like most of his stuff I wonder if I'm missing something.

I had the same thoughts, I wanted to be "wowed" and was really looking forward especially to seeing the battle royal piece but was unimpressed by all three.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, what don't you like about Chambers' work? I happen to like most of his stuff I wonder if I'm missing something.

This is a bit of a mashup/mistake here. Just for the record, I am the one who posted that Myke was a great artist. Somehow your post here has me quoted as saying otherwise. I'm a big fan of Myke's work.

I think he does good solid work. I just wouldn't put him in the "truly talented" category because I was interpreting "truly talented" as being in the elite artist category.

Oliver didn't say jacked very much this time, but he did stick his tongue out a few times. I probably won't watch the next series ( I say that every time though !) if they got rid of that big drag queen Navarro it would be better, don't hate Nunez as much as I used to.

Oliver didn't say jacked very much this time, but he did stick his tongue out a few times. I probably won't watch the next series ( I say that every time though !) if they got rid of that big drag queen Navarro it would be better, don't hate Nunez as much as I used to.

I think that Nunez made an absolute ass out of himself on the finale.

I think that Nunez made an absolute ass out of himself on the finale.

I completely agree. I don't even care who reads this, I think that dude is a talking dickhead. Like obviously both Oliver and Chris are well-versed and talented tattooers, but I think the crucial difference between the two is that Oliver is pretty comfortable in his position, whereas I feel that Chris is always kind of pushing it in your face and the finale was a fantastic example of that.