and best ink fails again... because a tattooer tattooed Ganesh on a woman's arm but called it a "buddhist elephant". WTF

Well I don't doubt that the show is lame and shouldn't be watched and that the terminology is a little broad but the image of ganesha shows up as Ganapati and

Vinayaka tantric buddhism. Or somethin like that, haha.

and best ink fails again... because a tattooer tattooed Ganesh on a woman's arm but called it a "buddhist elephant". WTF

That woman is like your typical egotistical, know-it-all tattooer. She thinks she's an expert and prattles on about how everyone should respect her, but all I've seen her do is those cluttered Hindu designs with mandalas shoved everywhere in them. I tend to watch the show in the background of doing something else, so I might have missed it, but did Mohawk Guy do his peacock backwards? If so, it went unnoticed by the judges. And the phoenix was decently done, although the coloring made it look more like a parrot. I thought that samurai chest piece was fucking awful (she obviously doesn't understand wind bars, and his wrist looked broken) and should have went home over the crane.

But then again, really the only one I thought was all that good was the snake, although I prefer red or black snakes.

• 2 weeks later...

I tivo the show myself and find it pretty entertaining. Ive been aproached a few times over the years with offers to do reality shows. Actually got as far as post production a couple times. Amazing how many shows get cut just before production or even during production. I feel most sorry for the writers as they work for free until after the show is aired and they are selling commercial spots. It usually takes them a year or two before getting to the post production part. then there is a huge chance it will get cut for what ever reason. Interesting thing I didnt realize before actually being involved with reality TV shows is that 90% of them are Scripted.. I knew a big chunk of them were scripted but really didnt realize how many details are carefully planned out. Just meaningless information though it might help someone out some day if they ever find themselves on a show like this. Knowing what I know I have to wonder how much of the timed tattoos on this show is actually real and true. Anyways I now find myself chewing on a toothpick during tattoos lol

Interesting thing I didnt realize before actually being involved with reality TV shows is that 90% of them are Scripted.. I knew a big chunk of them were scripted but really didnt realize how many details are carefully planned out.

The first time I heard this I didn't believe it. All I could think of was that no one would make up such stupid, boring shit! They must just be hiring the bottom of the barrel if this is the best they can come up with.

I just started watching Best Ink.

Overall I like it better than the "Adventures of Ladyface and Toothpick" but it's still bad tattoos getting good press.

Capobianco yelling at people is an interesting touch though.

Isnt that all he does on that show, along with look over everyons shoulder as they sketch there ideas telling them its shit because its not bloodpuddin.

Not really related to the show itself, but I saw this comment on the YouTube video about Chris O'Donnell that was the precursor to Tattoo Age... I sighed very, very deeply upon reading it.

"his color saturation isn't the greatest, ive been watching too much ink master."

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Yeah I saw that too. What a tool. Chris O'Donnell would guest judge that show and be disgusted by the shitty work being done. People are just so dumb sometimes...

I just started watching Best Ink.

Overall I like it better than the "Adventures of Ladyface and Toothpick" but it's still bad tattoos getting good press.

Capobianco yelling at people is an interesting touch though.

I think they need to fire who ever chose the contestants on Best Ink. Seems like they are all young kids with very little experience. The tattoos are horrible. Ink Master contestants have more skill.

I'm with you InkPlease, although I had the feeling a far longer time back. I can understand the "hyping" of it all for TV, but time limits are might silly. If you can take it, I'll sit there tattooing you all day.

What got me was watching them pin stripe and doing graffiti art (please excuse that I don't remember the season). As I've always said, I'm not all that great, there are better tattoo men and women then me out there, but no one yet has come to me and said, "I would get a tattoo from you, but I need to see how you work with a spray can first.

Of course, maybe I should get into pin striping. I could be "Sailor Von Dutch".

My Mom is really proud of my sense of humor too, to say nothing of my ink. (big wink)

Now Bad Ink? All day long.

Edited by Gloomy Inks
Oh! For a typing class! My kingdom for a typing class!

• 2 weeks later...

Since someone brought up "Bad Ink" (the show with the two guys in Vegas), this could be interesting:

I watch the show occasionally, if nothing else, to laugh at some bad tattoos (the "before" ones, although the "after" often don't look much better). One thing that was odd to me was how a coverup seemed to always be done in one session. I've had some coverup work, and some of it required more than one to see how things looked with the overlap once it healed, etc (not to mention one episode where they made it look like a guy got a whole backpiece in one sitting!).

Regardless, this may shed some light on that:

Art Lynch's SAG ACTOR Online: Casting for A&E's "Bad Ink"

Since someone brought up "Bad Ink" (the show with the two guys in Vegas), this could be interesting:

I watch the show occasionally, if nothing else, to laugh at some bad tattoos (the "before" ones, although the "after" often don't look much better). One thing that was odd to me was how a coverup seemed to always be done in one session. I've had some coverup work, and some of it required more than one to see how things looked with the overlap once it healed, etc (not to mention one episode where they made it look like a guy got a whole backpiece in one sitting!).

The editing on that show isn't the greatest...I was watching it the other night and in one scene Ruckus had a stubbly moustache, then in the next scene there was nothing there...or they'll show the start of the cover-up, then you'll see Dirk tattooing, they'll show a shot of the area being worked on, still with the stencil completely visible, and the next scene he says he's done.

The majority of the cover-ups that're done on this show are not good at all...I think I've seen maybe one or two that were good. He did one a few weeks ago where the cover-up was of two pandas on this lady's stomach, and the panda's were jacked as shit. What's also funny about that show is at the beginning they're on the strip looking for potential clients, but after that, everything they do is on Fremont St., even though they make it seem like they're strictly on the strip.

It's kind of hard for me to watch Best Ink, mainly because of Sabina Kelley and Pete Wentz...those two have to be the most worthless humans beings on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like Ink Master sets up people like the guy that went home for failure. How could that man possibly be considered a potential "Ink Master?" I think that Roland, King Ruck, David Bell, and the guy who was sent home should've all gone. But I'll still watch it because it's entertaining to watch people who think they're the shit get torn apart.