Tattoo Collector Magazine still in print?

I've only seen one issue (feat Fillip Leu), so I'm wondering if this was a one-off test run from the Tattoo Artist Magazine people. The reason I ask is because, as non-tattooer, you can't purchase TAM (I guess because of the shop talk, or whatever.) but I just want to read interviews with tattooers I like. It's the reason I don't buy other magazines featuring Johnny Nu Skool Colorbomb Portrait guy and various X-game contestants with script rib tattoos. Maybe having a place for edited versions of articles on the TAM blog or site for non-tattooers?

TAM is the best...really well done IMO. I find ways to get it and I was sold issues at conventions. I talked to the guy at the TAM booth for a while, mentioned I dont tattoo multiple times but we got along well and he had no issue selling it. Maybe they changed the policy but I think its based on the judgment of the person running the booth.

I bought them at conventions before too.I used to have a subscription to their other magazine which was called Tattoo Collector Magazine.The problem was i paid for the yearly subscription,but wasn't getting the magazine every month.I called the company complaining a few times,and they just sen't me copies of Tattoo Artist Magazine instead.

I would really like to see this as well. Never read TAM, but it does look interesting. I personally would not care to read any technical stuff, but quality artwork and stories without all the usually BS would be awesome!

I don't think there are any trade secrets in TAM or maybe they send me a special version where they take them all out beforehand. I always just thought of it being a magazine where tattoo artists can speak freely without having to worry about alienating potential clients and giving clients too much info for their own good. A lot of the interviews are similar in content to the artists interviews on this site (good thing) in the sense that they are very informative but in no way provide a gate to learning how to tattoo. It is a great magazine and the only tattoo magazine I read cover to cover, although I have been known to pick up a copy of Tattoo Energy to look at the pictures.

• 8 months later...
I don't think there are any trade secrets in TAM or maybe they send me a special version where they take them all out beforehand. I always just thought of it being a magazine where tattoo artists can speak freely without having to worry about alienating potential clients and giving clients too much info for their own good. A lot of the interviews are similar in content to the artists interviews on this site (good thing) in the sense that they are very informative but in no way provide a gate to learning how to tattoo. It is a great magazine and the only tattoo magazine I read cover to cover, although I have been known to pick up a copy of Tattoo Energy to look at the pictures.

I just found out that Tattoo Collector Magazine is the same thing as Tattoo Artist Magazine minus some technical information and advertising is different.

TATTOO COLLECTOR MAGAZINE is available to the general public for purchase and we have limited numbers available. This issue of Tattoo Collector Magazine is essentially the same as TAM Issue #7. The only difference is the trade advertisements and information are omitted so it could be sold to the public.

I have been told by a friend that TAM is going to put out a magazine for collectors (the public) much like the "Tattoo Collector" magazine was.....but I don't know when that is actually going to be happening!

I believe it is going to be in digital format though.....don't think there will actually be a printed magazine!

That's really great news. It's a shame that it's only going to be available digitally...totally understandable though...but it will be really great to have a serious tattoo magazine available.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, just saw this on Jeff Gogue's instagram, this must be it:

http://www.tattooculturemagazine.com

That's really great news. It's a shame that it's only going to be available digitally...totally understandable though...but it will be really great to have a serious tattoo magazine available.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, just saw this on Jeff Gogue's instagram, this must be it:

Tattoo Culture Magazine*|*The Voice of the Professional Tattoo Community

Thanks for the links! Looks awesome. I am also a big collector of quality print media.

It would be pretty dope if they "converted" some of the back issues of TAM into the collection edition. There are a few I spotted that I would love to read.

I'm just praying that they don't focus too much on the "culture" but more on the tattoos. There are enough "tattoo culture" magazines out there!

• 1 month later...