Shops in Rome/Naples or Zurich

Kev

Diego Brandi from Subskin Rome used to work at the Family Business when I was in there a lot. I saw some really good work from him. In my opinion, anyway...

Some of the symbolism is a bit off-the-wall for me, but you did mention neo-trad and I know some people are into that.

I thought this one would solve a problem for all those people who seem to want upside-down tattoos on their forearms....

tumblr_lsvjjwQsMP1r2m7jgo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327511153&Signature=ORM%2BwQDS0k49E6pjoyWS4Y2fHJU%3D

Home

I like some of the occult / dark imagery that Diego does, even if I wouldn't necessarily get it myself. I saw this really cool ribs piece lately which had a bunch of peasants walking into this kind of gothic building or whatever, and rising up out of it is this horned devil, munching away on them. Reminded me of something you'd see in some historical manuscript on witchcraft or something.

I'm not, but surely, he has passed the test. Think it's either Subskin or Heinz- both are SUPER strong, but I'm really digging Diego Brandi's style.

I'm just showing off..I never got good grades in school,so I'm trying to make up for it on here.I had Diego Brandi as my number one pick too,but Rory Q beat me to it.I like his work probably the best..Although I've met a few Italians in NYC,and they all had work from Luca & Alessandro@ Sante Sangre.

I do like doing the research to finding good tattooers.I do travel a lot,and always like to get tattooed when traveling.Also my great grandmother is from Naples,and i wan't to visit there someday,and check out the town she is from.

Out of all the places in Italy I visited, Naples was deffo the scariest one. Theres a definite darkness about Naples compaired to Rome etc. Felt like everyone was out to rip me off, its intense and the roads are mental (wait for the nuns to cross all traffic stops for nuns) Maaassive museum tho well worth seeing tho and its not far from Pompeii and Herculaneum which are must see. Herculaneum is better than Pompeii imo.

Out of all the places in Italy I visited, Naples was deffo the scariest one. Theres a definite darkness about Naples compaired to Rome etc. Felt like everyone was out to rip me off, its intense and the roads are mental (wait for the nuns to cross all traffic stops for nuns) Maaassive museum tho well worth seeing tho and its not far from Pompeii and Herculaneum which are must see. Herculaneum is better than Pompeii imo.

Naples is known for their pick pockets..I was just watching a show about an American who was in Naples trying to learn from them how to snatch a wallet.He wasn't any good at it though.They were telling him you have to have it inside to do this job.

In both Rome and Naples theres a good chance you'll see discarded wallets lying on the ground in the touristy bits . I wish I had got to a football game when I was in Naples as they have a huge stadium , I dont think they are doing as well as they used to be tho , I think its one of those unofficial "fan-run" set ups tho

I was talking to an older guy the other day and as soon as I said Italy, he said "thieves", like one of those psyche tests. I think he was stationed in Europe at some point, so maybe it was a personal experience.

Gregor- Have you ever been to New York City? I heard the pick pocket thing was bad in New York and had no problems. IDK, some of it might be because I look like a crook myself ; )

I was in Milan twice last year - my only experience of Italy - and was surprised how run-down large parts of it are ... Considering it's one of the fashion powerhouses of the world. It seemed like the gap between rich and poor was a little wider than at home in Ireland or some of the other countries I've been too. Some people were wearing Gucci and then there were swathes of people who looked a hell of a lot more down-at-the-heels. Where I was being tattooed was one of the biggest Tunisian ghettos in the city. A guy there told me that all of the suburbs were chock full of poor North African famillies, basically.

To be honest in terms of safety I would prefer NYC / Chicago / London over the likes of Barcelona, Paris and Milan. No stats to back that up - just the way I felt walking around (and I'm not really the nervous type).