Birth Announcement

Reyeslv

Awesome, great news for you and your wife congratulations. May I ask if its not prying to much, but why a home birth?

Very good question, The healthcare system is the reason. Unlike Japan, which has the best healthcare system in the world, the US has the worst. (This was published in Forbes Mag.) When my wife and I went over the goals for the birth it became very apparent that the only way to meet those goals was to have our children at home. We don't want: the birth induced, vaccines, Vitamin K, poitocin and whatever other drugs they want to force on our children. Hospitals are for curing diseases and fixing things (broken bones, stiching up wounds). There really is no need to have your child there, unless there is a complication with the birth. High risk births average 5 to 8% of all births. I don't live my life in the 5 to 8%, I live in the 92%. I recommend for anyone who is having a child to set your goals and do what's best for you.

Wow! Big baby, big news, and even bigger congratulations.

After watching my wife give birth, I stopped complaining about how much tattoos hurt.

You got that right, the pain of getting a tattoo is nothing compared to the pain endured during child birth.

10 pounds and 14 ounces!!!!!! I think the Pope needs to nominate her for Sainthood!! Home birth, What a Gal!!

Congratulations to you and the Mrs., it's a beautiful thing to witness/experience and speaking from experience, it truly shows how strong the female species is.

Hope she gets the well deserved rest she needs now. Goodonya both! Now get with the diaper thing.....

10 pounds and 14 ounces!!!!!! I think the Pope needs to nominate her for Sainthood!! Home birth, What a Gal!!

Congratulations to you and the Mrs., it's a beautiful thing to witness/experience and speaking from experience, it truly shows how strong the female species is.

Hope she gets the well deserved rest she needs now. Goodonya both! Now get with the diaper thing.....

She's the best, great Mom and awesome wife... 2 kids in diapers, I'm quite the pro!!!

Very good question, The healthcare system is the reason. Unlike Japan, which has the best healthcare system in the world, the US has the worst. (This was published in Forbes Mag.) When my wife and I went over the goals for the birth it became very apparent that the only way to meet those goals was to have our children at home. We don't want: the birth induced, vaccines, Vitamin K, poitocin and whatever other drugs they want to force on our children. Hospitals are for curing diseases and fixing things (broken bones, stiching up wounds). There really is no need to have your child there, unless there is a complication with the birth. High risk births average 5 to 8% of all births. I don't live my life in the 5 to 8%, I live in the 92%. I recommend for anyone who is having a child to set your goals and do what's best for you.

You got that right, the pain of getting a tattoo is nothing compared to the pain endured during child birth.

My ex and I are big proponents of midwifery, doulas, and natural birth options. Both of our daughters were born in hospitals, but those hospitals were natural birth friendly and let us have our doulas throughout the process. Awesome news and congratulations to your family!

Both of my children were natural births. No medication, No doctor, only a midwife (and my very tough wife). The first was in hospital and we were there for about four hours. The second was at home. My wife and I are in total agreement with the "hospitals are for illness, and broken bones" way of thinking. We are lucky to be in Canada were it is more accepted than the US where it seems like every birth turns into surgery. I know that surgery is sometimes necessary, but most of the time it is because the doctor pushed the parents into it. I know this has been the case for most of my friends that have children.

Both of my children were natural births. No medication, No doctor, only a midwife (and my very tough wife). The first was in hospital and we were there for about four hours. The second was at home. My wife and I are in total agreement with the "hospitals are for illness, and broken bones" way of thinking. We are lucky to be in Canada were it is more accepted than the US where it seems like every birth turns into surgery. I know that surgery is sometimes necessary, but most of the time it is because the doctor pushed the parents into it. I know this has been the case for most of my friends that have children.

It is a huge shame that we let BIG BUSINESS decide how things are done, Doctors, Hospitals and the Insurance companies are all in this together. In the US it cost more for me to opt for a Non Hospital birth. Even though a hospital birth cost is anywhere from 10 to 20K and the midwives cost 3,500.00. Yet the deductible is less for the hospital birth? The medical community needs to be asked WHY a little more!.

Congratulations, like it has been said, your wife is a tough lady. I don't plan on having any more kids, but I am with you 100%, hospitals suck. We live across the street from a hospital, but we got some bad recommendations on it and have heard their maternity ward referred to as the baby factory by some doctors. We found what we thought was a better hospital, which in some ways it was, but still the whole experience left a lot to be desired.

I wish you and your family the best and hope you get some sleep.