Yet another newbie

Hogrider

I've decide to finally get my first tattoo at 50 something! I've been thinking about it since I was 18 and realized that I'm not getting any younger. At least this way I don't need to worry about what it will look like when I'm old :) I'm in the Winchester, VA area. I haven't decided on an artist yet, but will post in the main forum looking for recommendations.

Welcome Hog...That's a long time to be thinking about getting a tattoo.But once you start,it's hard to stop.The most important thing is to find a good tattooer.You can have a good idea,but take it to the wrong artist,and you'll end up with a bad tattoo.What were you thinking of getting?

Welcome Hog...That's a long time to be thinking about getting a tattoo.But once you start,it's hard to stop.The most important thing is to find a good tattooer.You can have a good idea,but take it to the wrong artist,and you'll end up with a bad tattoo.What were you thinking of getting?

I've done a lot of research on artists. I was referred to him by friends and had my wife, who is an artist, look at his work. I've visited the shop a couple of times and watched him work and had a chance to see a massive back piece in progress and one forearm finished. I'm looking at getting a Japanese themed sleeve with Koi, Dragon, Samurai mask.