Panther Tattoos

Lochlan

Yeah, ya know what? The more I look at it, the more jealous I am becoming ! ;) Damn man ! That is so awesome. I have wanted a crawling panther for a long time now. But, not sure I can get one now because, it'll have to live up to that one LOL So awesome @Shaun1105 .

A crawling panther is timeless man no matter who does it, although Mike Wilson does the best panthers.

I was gonna say Mike, too. Rassier put a mean panther head on me, but he told me that Mike showed him how, so I guess Mike wins again.

Scott wins for mountain lions, though. He did the only one I've ever seen (it's on Dan Wysuph).

Dusty Neal did a killer Mt. Lion tat a couple months ago, there is a healed picture up on his instagram.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This one by Cheyenne Sawyer. It's all about the eyes.

There was a discussion somewhere on here about the length of the jaw determining the look of the head - I think I prefer the slightly less stylized/elongated jaws. To me this one just captures more of the big cat snarl.

I really hope he comes to the Northeast sometime.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I love seeing just the head or the whole crawling panther. Both are great images and convey the grace and raw power of the animal. I think the best panther tattoos have lots of solid black with just enough skin to show highlights. You don't need white or much other colour for a great panther.

I just love the design and how tough it looks. I remember it was one of the first tattoos I ever saw as a kid. And then watching the Ed Hardy seminar about panthers really gave me the impetus to get mine. Classic location, right on the forearm. I got mine from David Steele at the Chinatown Philadelphia Eddie's. I wanted mine really dark without the red claw marks, sort of Sailor Jerry style. I couldn't be more happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...