Panther Tattoos

Lochlan

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with Richard Stell because he use to have a serval, which is an african wildcat the size of a german shepard and use to go work at a big cat refuge. He is one of those guys who knows animals inside and out, it's because of him I started collecting taxidermy so that I could really study animals and see how they work. I never did get a full body panther from him just a panther/rose/eagle morph about a decade ago, never to late until I run out of room though.

I think Ed pushed the panther envelope way farther than it had been before, looking at the invisible man book shows it. He really dismantled the image and made it his own. They're really popular now, but I think like when he did Arment's chest, maybe 10 years ago, he was pretty much only tattooer I know doing that stuff at that level (feel free to fill me in anyone). I remember a customer asked me to tattoo one of his Panther/Rose mash-up paintings around that time, and I was really hesitant, like "that's Ed's art, it's his own thing"...

times have changed

Bob R. also worked really hard to make his own kind of standard 3/4 panther head, and it's cool because it has no neck, but it works great. Really tough to draw, I know cause I was obsessed with it after he put one on me in 98, I spent so much time trying to get it down.

for tigers, I think Lehi is pretty much in his own league, with Ed also on that level again

I think Ed pushed the panther envelope way farther than it had been before, looking at the invisible man book shows it. He really dismantled the image and made it his own. They're really popular now, but I think like when he did Arment's chest, maybe 10 years ago, he was pretty much only tattooer I know doing that stuff at that level (feel free to fill me in anyone). I remember a customer asked me to tattoo one of his Panther/Rose mash-up paintings around that time, and I was really hesitant, like "that's Ed's art, it's his own thing"...

times have changed

Bob R. also worked really hard to make his own kind of standard 3/4 panther head, and it's cool because it has no neck, but it works great. Really tough to draw, I know cause I was obsessed with it after he put one on me in 98, I spent so much time trying to get it down.

for tigers, I think Lehi is pretty much in his own league, with Ed also on that level again

I agree with all of this, but I would like to add that this is one of my favorite all time tigers, and you are the one that did it.