Panther Tattoos

Lochlan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The panther is, by far, my favorite tattooed image. Hard to beat a good panther and Mike Wilson is my gold standard. I also, really enjoy Mr. Jason Donahue's panthers.

tumblr_mgua3tihfC1qlbhqwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_medo73PBRR1qlbhqwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4ll0gJdjl1qlbhqwo1_500.jpg

I like those styles of panther. I dont know if any one remembers my rant against panthers when I first came here that got me into trouble, but it was because I had only seen one style of panther. You know, the folksy kind with jaws that were impossibly long, or head shapes that just look slapped on there? Well I like the ones posted in the quote because they stay within what an actual panther looks like.

I like those styles of panther. I dont know if any one remembers my rant against panthers when I first came here that got me into trouble, but it was because I had only seen one style of panther. You know, the folksy kind with jaws that were impossibly long, or head shapes that just look slapped on there? Well I like the ones posted in the quote because they stay within what an actual panther looks like.

So when you getting your first panther tattoo?

So when you getting your first panther tattoo?

lol im not. still dont want one on myself, just like the style of those. Idk if you have seen those spotted cats though, they're becoming real popular... they look like a spotted panther. those are gorgeous

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember it because I wasn't here yet, but thanks to "Advanced Search" I went and looked it up. I gotta say, I'm surprised you stuck around! Glad you did, too.

well thanks! researching my shame isn't creepy at all :P

• 4 weeks later...
. @steve1461686340_byrne_tattoo | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer

I got this from Steve Byrne a week ago.

The link seems to be broken (for me at least), but I know which panther your talking about. And its nice.

Hoping to have a nice one done soon. I have the artists painting that Id like him to pull from. Ill refrain from posting a pic of it as its not on me. Yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
just got my hand done by Mike in SF. A panther to match my tiger. Its kinda rough right now but when its healed I will post them both.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, its my 2nd Mike Wilson Panther. First one I got in 98.

Can't wait to see it! I guess that means you were at the SFO Convention and I missed a chance to introduce myself. Next time....

• 2 months later...

Just going to share a quick story; I've read through this thread and watched the Hardy panther seminar, so pretty much was already convinced I needed a big panther piece on my chest. This past week, I'm spending a little time in the chair with the artist I've been going to and mentioned his big sheet of large cat flash is missing from the wall. Kinkos for prints, but that divulged into my desire for a panther head and watching the Ed Hardy gig online. His head suddenly snapped up and with excitement says, "I was there, only about 100 of us were in attendance!"

What are the odds, right? I didn't already need the encouragement to get it done this summer, but the universe seemingly gave me that extra little nudge I needed to follow through. His excitement for making the tattoo seemingly matches my excitement to receive it which makes it extra cool. Anyway, just felt like sharing.

Seriously jealous !!!! But happy for ya. That kills man! Congrats!
I missed this somehow. That tattoo has it all. Totally killer. Congratulations @Shaun1105
Yeah, ya know what? The more I look at it, the more jealous I am becoming ! ;) Damn man ! That is so awesome. I have wanted a crawling panther for a long time now. But, not sure I can get one now because, it'll have to live up to that one LOL So awesome @Shaun1105 .

Thanks guys! It is an awesome tattoo, and I owe it all to LST (and Aaron Coleman of course - and my cousin who helpfully got married in Arizona). @Mark Bee, I did throw a fairly poor quality pic of the fresh tattoo up in the "latest lowdown" thread but I didn't want to put anything in this one until I got a good healed picture. @guitguy - you can so get a crawling panther. If there's one thing Last Sparrow has taught me it's that everyone can get a crawling panther tattoo.