What was the prettiest tattoo you've ever seen and/or tattooed on a girl and why?

What is the most attractive spot for a girl to have a tattoo?

Is the lower back really that bad of a spot?

Are the ribs the new lower back tattoo?

Or is behind the ear the new lower back tattoo?

Lets see some tattoo pictures as well......

i tattoo a fair number of girls, usually younger than 26 and for a while all i got was rib tattoos booking in, which is cool but for their first tattoo, eeeeesh! most of them couldnt sit all that well so i had to make the best of it, some sat like absolute rocks, they were amazing to tattoo. ive not done that many lower back tattoos but then ive not been in this business as long as some of you but most of them sat real well too, less fiddly to tattoo than ribs for sure!

i reckon roses look stunning no matter on who, but pretty flowers always look good on pretty girls. i think generally well planned tattoos always look good on women.

i think a large backpiece always looks amazing on women, but i usually like the heavily tattooed look on girls, thats what im aiming for myself anyway. good strong pieces, not so much the whimsical fairy dust and black-and-grey-with-a-bit-of-color stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
i tattoo a fair number of girls, usually younger than 26 and for a while all i got was rib tattoos booking in, which is cool but for their first tattoo, eeeeesh! most of them couldnt sit all that well so i had to make the best of it, some sat like absolute rocks, they were amazing to tattoo. ive not done that many lower back tattoos but then ive not been in this business as long as some of you but most of them sat real well too, less fiddly to tattoo than ribs for sure!

i reckon roses look stunning no matter on who, but pretty flowers always look good on pretty girls. i think generally well planned tattoos always look good on women.

i think a large backpiece always looks amazing on women, but i usually like the heavily tattooed look on girls, thats what im aiming for myself anyway. good strong pieces, not so much the whimsical fairy dust and black-and-grey-with-a-bit-of-color stuff.

I love big rib tattoos on ladies but at the same time know they are not fun to get done and I am sure almost less fun for the tattooer so would not suggest to someone for their first tattoo unless they were considering not getting tattooed ever again, haha.

I really like the above line "i think generally well planned tattoos always look good on women." But at what point is over thinking too much? Some of the best tattoos I have seen on woman involved them taking an idea to a good tattooer and letting the tattooer decide on size and location within reason. As a good tattooer can make or break a tattoo as we all know.

Thanks Valerie for diving in on this one! Anyone else.......

i think generally well planned tattoos always look good on women.

Everything I would've said, only better. I think when women go for the "feminine" looking tattoos, it ends up being that wispy, no outline nonsense when all they needed to do was think a little bit about size and placement.

we used to NEVER get requests for rib tattoos. 95% of the female customers, up until 3 or 4 years ago got lower back tattoos. it was awesome. they look good, it's a good area to work on and they are priced right. then fuckhead jocks started the "tramp stamp" bullshit and gave women a complex about the location. i really miss tattooing a lot of lower backs.

i think a large backpiece always looks amazing on women, but i usually like the heavily tattooed look on girls, thats what im aiming for myself anyway.

agreed. becoming heavily tattooed always felt like a masculine act that looked really beautiful and could be made feminine, even while retaining the original traditional styles. then again, i've always been a "tom boy"(for lack of a better term).

we used to NEVER get requests for rib tattoos. 95% of the female customers, up until 3 or 4 years ago got lower back tattoos. it was awesome. they look good, it's a good area to work on and they are priced right. then fuckhead jocks started the "tramp stamp" bullshit and gave women a complex about the location. i really miss tattooing a lot of lower backs.

I agree, tattooing lower backs was way easier both on me and on the girl getting the tattoo. 75 percent of the girls that come in for their rib tattoos want lettering and usually can't sit still to save their life (and tattoo!). On top of the skin being all spongy and weird, most of the time I'm also dealing with a squirming and often times crying customer. God, I miss the lower back tribals. Such easy money, and such an easy spot to tattoo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
just curious, where is her belly button?

Good question I can't find it...maybe in the shading. I know I recently saw, can't remember where/who, a picture where the tattooer tattooed inside the belly button as much as possible and it almost became so hard to find. That has got to be one uncomfortable spot to get tattooed!

Below are some new ones that caught my eye...

• 2 weeks later...