Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

thanks gouge , glad you liked them. Here's me getting my palm touched up.

Youch! What a great video--thanks for posting that. Who's the artist?

So I guess palm tattoos are applied the way I'd heard: a million tiny dots. Stab stab stab stab. I have a huge amount of dots on my back and ass as part of my backpiece, and they were not fun. I really can't imagine (OK, I sorta can) what the palm must feel like.

Couldn't help but laugh all through this.

Great song/lyrics for this, too.

Sounds like a New Orleans styled band - who is it?

That would be a cover of Radiohead's "Just." Not sure who did the cover however.

- - - Updated - - -

I really can't imagine (OK, I sorta can) what the palm must feel like.

You've got the ass tattoo to prove it.

Nothing on my arms has bothered me much at all...getting into the pit on my right arm was kinda tingly, but nothing radical. When I got my latest on my left forearm, I didn't even feel like it was getting tattooed. (see page 4 of this months "Best Tattoo" contest thread.

THESE fuckers, tho'...

senoritayeltigre_thumb.jpg

Did that in one 4/4.5 hour sitting, and I really wondered if I was gon make it through, and healing it was a stone bitch.

left_20knee_thumb.jpg

right_20knee_thumb.jpg

These I got done in one sitting, I dunno, maybe 3 hours, and it was right after this on my chest...

my_20chest_thumb.jpg

The chest piece was a cakewalk, but the kneecaps, man, unreal. It was like not really tattooing pain, but like the needles were rattling on the bone. Guess they were, but it did suck.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen much mention of them in this thread--does anyone else get shooting nerve pain during tattoos? Those are always the worst for me.

IE, when I had my back done, I had nerve pain shooting into my chest, so my chest hurt during parts of my back. Then other sections had nerve pain going down to my elbows.

When I had the top of my foot done, the actual tattoo wasn't bad at all (got caught up on a novel I was reading during the session), but again the nerve pain shooting up my leg wasn't too pleasant.

As for actual area being tattooed, my lower center back over the spine was the worst for me, personally. So far, anyway :)

Just had the inside of my right arm done and it was not good...it was the most painful one I've had so far. There were a couple of moments when I gasped, especially up on the inner arm getting close to the armpit, and I never got to that spot where I can kind of relax and just go with it. Swelled up like a motherfucker the next day too.

I think a lot of the problem I had with it was because I was tired...I'd worked a 12 hour night shift until 7am the day of the appointment, and slept for 4-5 hours in the day (ie not quality sleep) before getting up for the appointment and because it was the convention I wanted to get there early to look at other things, and I'm never in the best shape after night shifts at the best of times. Whatever, it's done, and the tattoo is awesome.

Give me a week or two before I start getting excited about the next tattoos I have booked though.

how does the wrist feel? i'm not expecting it to be too bad, but i feel like the underside of the wrist-the area where you can see the tendons and veins-would suck to get tattooed.

I personally think that the 3 worst spots on the arm by far are: elbow (both the elbow ditch and the actual elbow), followed by wrist, followed by inner bicep. None of these spots are unbearable, but I was definitely aware of the fact that I was getting tattoed when I got these spots done on both arms.

I just had a session on my right arm to add detail and shading to all of the leaves on my sleeve and it was sooo brutal.

The leaves just so happened to all be conveniently located in places like my elbow, my elbow ditch, my inside bicep, under my wrist, etc.

I'm glad it was only 3 hours because I don't think I could've handled any more.

I've been tattooed in all of these spots before, but for some reason yesterday was the hardest session I've ever had to sit through. It was a struggle from the get-go. I guess getting a good nights sleep and eating well beforehand really does make a difference.

My calves. I would rather sit for 20hrs on my ribs, being dry wiped the whole time than get my legs done for 10 minutes.

So weird how this varies from person to person. The 2 hours spent on my calf were a piece of cake for me, but i've got the other calf coming up in a few weeks so maybe i'll share your pain after that!

So I got my palm tattooed by Stewart at Frith Street several years ago and it was a walk in the park, super easy. I have also been getting tattooed by Thomas Hooper since he was at into you about 9 years ago and am fully aware of how heavy handed he is. So, I'm over at Saved and I think it's about time for Thomas to do my other palm. what could go wrong? I'd had the other one done at FST for christ's sake, it was easy! Boy how wrong I was!! Alarm bells started ringing when I was sent down the street to Alligator Lounge to have a couple of shots of Whiskey on Hooper's orders whilst he drew up the design. I get back, and within a few minutes we are ready to go. My first palm tattoo is a circular design that does not stray to far to the edges of my hand. This new one however is a lot bigger, covering my entire thumb pad and up to my fingers. The thumb pad can't be that bad I think, Thomas asks me where I want to start and I suggest that area. Boy how wrong was I!! Within seconds I had Gob from Arrested Development in my head saying 'I've made a huge mistake'. I am dripping with sweat almost instantly, this is the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life ever. Worse than Hooper hammering my chest or Koeplinger tattooing my ribs for 3+ hours. Just instant, horrifying pain. I tough it out, concentrate on my breathing and go to my happy place and 45 minutes later we are done. I am so glad I only have 2 palms because I would never ever ever do that again!

532561_465353210160473_1843872887_n.jpg