Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

If that had been part of my first session, I would forever have an unfinished back.

Hence why there are so many unfinished back projects walking around to be forever covered by cloth, never to be revealed.

Nice work @SeeSea. If the only tattoo we ever wear is a full scale back tattoo, that within itself holds significance on every level.

I reckon you've earned breakfast ciders forever

Hence why there are so many unfinished back projects walking around to be forever covered by cloth, never to be revealed.

Nice work @SeeSea. If the only tattoo we ever wear is a full scale back tattoo, that within itself holds significance on every level.

I reckon you've earned breakfast ciders forever

Thanks, @Mick Weder - I got up late but when we we went for lunch, I tried 4 different ciders. You've probably already commented on my editorial in the Cider Snob thread :-)

• 2 weeks later...

i am not nearly as tattooed as many of you but my experience so far....the elbow ditch and the flabby skin where your arm and chest meet have been the most painful so far.

I fully expected my inner bicep to be the worst but it really wasn't bad at all. Will Lollie is so amazingly smooth i literally almost fell asleep a couple of times.

I do want to add that this is the first time i was in a laying down position while getting work done. I must say that i really prefer it. It just seemed like i was able to focus and breath much more consistently.

For me, so far, it has been the tops of my feet

Dammit! I hate reading this, haha. I have plans to get a couple of animals heads at the beginning of next year, and right now my highest-bidding thought is to put one on the top of each foot. I've heard lots of people rate the foot high on the pain scale :(

Dammit! I hate reading this, haha. I have plans to get a couple of animals heads at the beginning of next year, and right now my highest-bidding thought is to put one on the top of each foot. I've heard lots of people rate the foot high on the pain scale :(

Lol, didn't mean to cause anymore anxiety. It is one of the more sensitive spots though and it was unlike any other part of the body, not just the pain but the whole experience. But, I've heard some people say that it wasn't bad at all. Different tolerances, perhaps. For instance, I've gotten both ribs done and didn't think they were all they are hyped up to be even though ribs are notorious for being painful.

Just be like your namesake, and....keep calm lol (so lame). It's totally worth the pain though. An awesome pair of feet tattoos is one of my favorite placements - just looks so good.

Ha, no worries, @sighthound! I do like the aesthetic of a pair of complementary feet, so I may tough up and do it anyway! And you're right -- pain is subjective and different for everyone. I also have a rib tattoo that I don't remember being particularly painful, but it was also my very FIRST tattoo, so my experience and memory was/is probably affected by that.

I'm really scared of tattooing my belly now. Did the hip a few weeks back and it was kind of coming on to the side of the stomach and it hurt like crazy. It was a different kind of pain though, not just the surface but from inside my body came this hurt that I was surprised to feel. It was like my body told me to not go forward with this idiotic "art" that I was exposing it to. Also about 10-15 minutes after he stopped in that area I still had this pain, pulsating from inside my entrails. Fuckkk… That day when I do start my belly piece is going to be one special (horrible) day

• 2 weeks later...

I've told I'm not the best person to ask in regards to pain and tattoos. Nearly fell asleep getting ribs done, same with hip. I laughed so much getting tops of feet and inside ankle tattooed, the respective tattooists called me "crazy Irish". More recently fell asleep (properly asleep, tattooist has to wake me), when got tattooed on left lower leg (below the knee). Before that I dozed when got the right one done. The other tattooists said there was something psychologically wrong with me. I just smiled and said thank you. I find getting tattooed relaxing, especially on my legs, and it does make me sleepy. My tattooist doesn't mind me sleeping so it's a win win.

I've realized how much it sucks going back on a second session for the same tattoo. 5 hours on the shin and I mostly slept through it. 4 more hours to finish it/touch up I was in intense pain.

In conclusion, after 20+ hours of tattooing this last year, it just plain sucks, but there's a nostalgia to it and I want more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Jynarik I presume your reply was directed at me? Good of you not to bother not getting my name right (sarcasm). To me when someone says having to wait for a tattoo or the experience "sucks", it means that they don't like it. If it means something else where you are then please tell me. But to reply to my question with that is letting yourself down. As for "Eat Shit" thank you for the offer but I am a vegetarian but feel free to tell me what it tastes like.