Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

Had my left knee tattooed yesterday and wow I really had a hard time with it, when I had my right knee tattooed it was quite easy in fact I enjoyed it.

Not to sure why it hurt so much i believe mentally I wasn't prepared for it, the artist that did it said I sat like a rock and did not move at all so that was nice to hear.

Probably wasn't the worst tattoo pain I have experienced but man it was a tough day, glad I don't have a 3rd knee.

• 2 weeks later...
Where your back of thigh meets your arse, without a doubt. Worse than banging armpits, ribs or sternum.

I can only relate to the sternum and ribs. I banged out 6 hours on the ribs in one day. It hurt but wasn't extremely unbearable. The sternum hurt enough for me to see red, literally (didn't hurt extremely bad though), but out of anyone to believe, I can believe you.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. If a tattoo doesn't hurt, it ain't worth it

It seems to be a trend amoung guys I know (most of which have no tattoos at all) to have a go at me when I say my tattoos hurt, in some sort of effort to inflate their sense of manliness haha. For most the pain was easily bareable, sometimes it was actually very dull and easy to tune out. Just because I wasn't screaming and crying doesn't mean it didn't HURT - the pain receptors in my body are in good working order, therefore a little needle stabbing thousands of time into the skin does hurt! Its all part of the process, and not something to be embarrassed about.

Edited by tay943
spelling

Yes! The inside of my arm was the first time I ever came close to tapping out. Brutal.

I go in today for another 3 hour session on my tiger head, inside of the arm of course. Saw the artist last night and she commented on how well I did on the 2 prior 4 hour sessions. The last time there was another guy having his ribs done and he tapped out.

I only have three tattoos. I literally didn't even feel the 6" tattoo on my hip/belly or the one on my wrist. That being said, that little soft spot right under your ribs owned me last week. The first 3 hours, 23 minutes of the four hours weren't so bad. He even commented on how impressed he was. However, during the last 37 minutes, I would have given away the farm.

I can't even fathom the under ass spot! Makes me a little fidgety simply thinking about it. God bless.