Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

Yes! The inside of my arm was the first time I ever came close to tapping out. Brutal.

Inside the arm, near the armpit has been the worst for me. That shit burns.

I feel like most spots are pretty tame if you just go over it once or twice, but any spot becomes a nightmare when the artist has to go over it multiple times (shading, layering, etc). But then again, I think I've pretty much run out of easy spots so everything will be straight suckage from here on out.

As an artist, I've noticed the places people complain about the most are the ribs, the stomach, the inside wrist, and the feet. Those are the common areas. However, everyone's pain tolerance is different.

The inside of both wrists and feet, totally tolerable for me. I've had odd small spots here and there that were pure fire though, like my chest and outer bicep.

The inside of both wrists and feet, totally tolerable for me. I've had odd small spots here and there that were pure fire though, like my chest and outer bicep.

I'm preparing for the worst on my chest. So far my inner arm up near the pit was brutal, made me see red. My whole outer arm from shoulder to elbow was a breeze, my ditch wasn't as bad as I thought. Who konws maybe my chest will be alright. Back of calf near knee ditch was terrible too.

My latest tattoo ventures into that underarm meat. The Sharpie made me very nervous, but the tattoo didn't hurt. This one is single needle, all black, done with a rotary machine, and it has been a totally different experience.

Finally a positive post about "under the arm pain" :)

I am about to undergo a session in about a month and all this talk is making me shit my pants... lol

I'm preparing for the worst on my chest.

Chest is a really cool spot to get tattooed. It does get pretty gnarly over the solar plexus and sides around the nips but the cool thing is that the sensations are quite varying and exciting, however painful they may be. I found it really enlightening though, really got me in touch with myself (at the risk of sounding like some new age bullshit) and I felt like I was re-born when I had my chest piece inked. Good luck and enjoy it!

My latest tattoo ventures into that underarm meat. The Sharpie made me very nervous, but the tattoo didn't hurt. This one is single needle, all black, done with a rotary machine, and it has been a totally different experience.

I had the rotary too, deceptively quiet little bastard... probably with a substantial liner for the black shading. No single needle here. And the artist was making sure she worked enough color in.

Chest is a really cool spot to get tattooed. It does get pretty gnarly over the solar plexus and sides around the nips but the cool thing is that the sensations are quite varying and exciting, however painful they may be. I found it really enlightening though, really got me in touch with myself (at the risk of sounding like some new age bullshit) and I felt like I was re-born when I had my chest piece inked. Good luck and enjoy it!

That is a great description, and encouraging. I actually like the pain to some extent (not to sound like a douche noob) but in relation to the sensation, euphoria and nostalgia of the experience. I think I like the act of getting the tattoo more than having them, if that makes any sense?

When I first posted in this thread (almost 4.5 years ago ha!) I said my ribs. The palm of my hand was so much worse. SO MUCH WORSE.

So I heard.

There is a video of hopper tattooing oliver pecker's palm and he does seem in heavy discomfort.

The underside of my arm, the closer to the armpit the worse it felt.

Of the very limited experience I have being tattooed (just one arm)...this is true for me, too. Everybody said elbow would be the worst, but the upper inside of my arm, near my armpit...sweet jesus. That is the first time I have ever had to take a five minute break during a tattoo. There are people who get their whole armpits tattooed. That is fucking crazy. They are on some next level, or something.

Also, the bottom of the elbow ditch, where the arm starts to curve around to the elbow. Nope nope nope.

So I heard.

There is a video of hopper tattooing oliver pecker's palm and he does seem in heavy discomfort.

My girlfriend got her palm done last year by Zach Nelligan, and she said it was not that bad! So really people are different when it comes to the pain.