Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

Of the very limited experience I have being tattooed (just one arm)...this is true for me, too. Everybody said elbow would be the worst, but the upper inside of my arm, near my armpit...sweet jesus. That is the first time I have ever had to take a five minute break during a tattoo. There are people who get their whole armpits tattooed. That is fucking crazy. They are on some next level, or something.

Also, the bottom of the elbow ditch, where the arm starts to curve around to the elbow. Nope nope nope.

I think it would look nicer, more complete, if I did the armpit too but yeeeeeeeahhhhhhno. I don't like to take breaks b/c then it feels worse to me when we start again. I'll just have to be incomplete I guess cuz there shall be no armpit tattoos. I agree, those people have to be on a whole new level for sure!

I did both my lower legs each in one 8 hour session and my left and right side chest in each 4 hours sessions. Also my arms were front and back in a couple of 4 hours session. Let's see. What else. Hmm. Neck. Back and sides. About 3 hours. Around the nipples hurts like hell and some areas on the back of the calve but probably because my endorphins were burnt out from the long session. Neck wasn't so bad. Arms were like a piece a cake. Upper back. Not so bad. I guess I'm kind of saving the best for last. Still have to finish up my back and then the ribs too. Damn! Probably eventually do thighs too. Oh and the shins did hurt. Anywhere where there's bone is gonna hurt like hell. Everyone's pain tolerance is different so it's hard to say, but as a general rule, think bone so top of hands, feet, ribs, shin, head, elbows and kneecaps. But there are also some other tricky areas like the butt and around the genitals that will surprise you. I'm no expert. I'm still a work in progress.

• 4 weeks later...

I havent hit the elbow or the ditch yet but the funny bone just sucked, and in-between the two was pretty hard. But

he then graciously followed it up with the under arm all to close to the pit. I started getting uncontrollable deep chest shakes for the last 45 minutes....THat sucked.

For me, the ribs were an absolute killer. 4 hours of solid black work on my right hand side...something I wouldn't do again. It didn't help how the area was re-worked a fair deal, but kudos to the artist, as it was one of his first large pieces on the ribs.

Second would be the thigh. Had my Venetian mask completed today on my right thigh, and the mid and outer thigh were the worst. Some points reminded me of the rib tattoo, actually.

Lower back was by far worst, followed by wrist which was bearable.

So I got to experience lower back "pinches" I got to do an allergy test today and they use the upper back for the test... But because I had such a large tattoo they used my lower back.

Wholly mother of batmans balls... It sucks!

So I got to experience lower back "pinches" I got do an allergy test today and they use the upper back for the test... But because I had such a large tattoo they used my lower back.

Wholly mother of batmans balls... It sucks!

It actually hurt so much I thought I could not get another tattoo if they all hurt this bad ;) But it is either pain or no tattoo lol.

Not that I have extensive experience, but so far, the inside of my wrist, the ditch of my elbow, and then my collarbone and part of my upper back about made me cry. My collarbone was the only spot that almost made me quit, it hurt so much. My deltoid hurt the least. I could have sat there all day for that.

Not that I have extensive experience, but so far, the inside of my wrist, the ditch of my elbow, and then my collarbone and part of my upper back about made me cry. My collarbone was the only spot that almost made me quit, it hurt so much. My deltoid hurt the least. I could have sat there all day for that.

Oh great...I'm planning collar bone next. Was it directly on the collar bone or the area around it?

My wrist felt like someone dragging a knife through the flesh. But I have to say my last tattoos were pretty bearable.

Oh great...I'm planning collar bone next. Was it directly on the collar bone or the area around it?

My wrist felt like someone dragging a knife through the flesh. But I have to say my last tattoos were pretty bearable.

It was mostly the spots right on my collarbone that got me--specifically right at the base of my neck. Was very similar to the inside of my wrist, though--so if you lived through that, you should be okay with your collarbone too :)

It was mostly the spots right on my collarbone that got me--specifically right at the base of my neck. Was very similar to the inside of my wrist, though--so if you lived through that, you should be okay with your collarbone too :)

Thanks I will see very soon haha ;)

I think i said it before...in between the toes. I haven't been tattoo'd here my self but talking to lucky diamond rich who's had EVERY bit of his body done. He reckons thats the worse!

Next week I'm getting some sak yant on the bottom of my back and spine, which if the previous pain was any thing to go by I'm not looking forward to it. I've left the side of my ribs untouched for years out of fear and seeing people riggle around and tap out numerous times. In a couple of months going to get my head done which I'm sure will smart ;)

Just to add the arms,wrists,legs,neck,collarbone aint nothing...you can power of the mind your way thru that!!! The Collarbone aint nice but that for sure isn't the worst place!!