Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

So I think Kelly Edwards was having a little fun with me yesterday. He put the ink cap on the middle of my back... to use on the spot right below your tailbone, right between the top of where your cheeks start. Which so far has been like a rocket blasting off of pain compared to even the rest of my back.

"Now... as I tattoo you, remember, there is an ink cap on your back. A full one. Do...not...move... And I promise, doing this hurts me more than you..."

23965296454_3cb33ee133_z.jpg

So I think Kelly Edwards was having a little fun with me yesterday. He put the ink cap on the middle of my back... to use on the spot right below your tailbone, right between the top of where your cheeks start. Which so far has been like a rocket blasting off of pain compared to even the rest of my back.

"Now... as I tattoo you, remember, there is an ink cap on your back. A full one. Do...not...move... And I promise, doing this hurts me more than you..."

23965296454_3cb33ee133_z.jpg

That's the spot...Getting chills allover again :X

Looking awesome though :)

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's hands/fingers. It was rank and still very much fresh in my mind. Had my feet done as well, I remember they really hurt but I still sat 4.5hrs for each one! I think there's still a book in a hostel in Sydney with my bite marks in it. But I don't really 'remember' the pain of that makes sense? It was around 6 years ago now. Still got my ribs /full Backpiece to go. Bleurgh

I got a whole sleeve run time in one Sitting& my artist was about worn out said he's never seen anybody get a full sleeve at one time.He said he had never seen anyone who could take it that long.We started early in the morning&went allnite.Anyways my arm was raw but when I got huge old English letters from my hipbone across my whols stomach up to right below my nipples..when the bone on the hip was being worked on it hurt but you work through it or it seems pointless.

• 2 months later...
My response to this thread is from me getting the outline only, hoping the shading is a little easier.

For me the sternum was crazy painful, the ends of the ribs felt like I was being drilled on from the inside of my stomach, under the belly button felt like a hot razor blade or something and I am sure I have a lot less work done than pretty much everyone else on this site.

Also my artist worked on the theory of working one side of the body at a time, he mentioned it could help make things a little less painful, how this works I am not sure. He did explain it to me but i was to busy trying to go to my happy place :)

Hello! I'm about to get a medium sized tattoo on my ribcage (about 5"x11") and was wondering if you thought your ribcage or sternum hurt worse? I already got my sternum done and it was bearable, but I feel like ribs might hurt worse

My artist laughed when he got to my elbow. He'd asked a few times how I was dealing with the pain and I said I wasn't feeling much but he saw my face when he got to the inner elbow. And he laughed. But I think he was just shocked the entire time that my first tattoo was so big. He like held up his fingers in a circle the size of a 50 Kč coin (a bit bigger than an American quarter or a eurocoin) going, "You know, usually a girl's first is like this big. Just enough to try it." Yeah, his reaction at the end was simply, "You are one tough woman."

I recently got a large piece done on my thigh, and just when I think I've plundered the depths of misery, we find a new level of pain with every session. First, the butt/leg crease. Then the back of the thigh. Mostly recently during a shading session, he was really grinding into the side of my knee, and bending my leg at a weird angle. That was the first time I ever thought to myself "Holy shit, I don't think I can do this." But I did! I think I went into shock from that spot, I was shaking uncontrollably for a while after the tattoo was finished. That spot in and of itself wasn't SO bad, but as part of a lengthy shading session, and combined with long, grinding motions into my kneecap, AND my leg being bent the wrong way made it a memorable experience.

• 1 month later...