Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

Got to be the inside of my leg /side of my knee /just above knee joint. I never usually make a fuss at all but I was whimpering, begging for bactine and I think I left a face mark in my artist 's coat (that I was using a a pillow)! I definitely dribbled a bit. Absolutely rank. Worse than my hands and feet. Though I think everything just hurts now! 

Edited by Guerillaneedles

Everyone told me foot/ankle. I even had people try to talk me out of that area for my first tattoo. They said put it somewhere else that will hurt less. I didn't because I had wanted it there for about 2 years before I bit the bullet. Some spots hurt quite a bit, but others just kind of felt like a cat scratching. But if I were to compare the pain between my foot/ankle tattoo and my shoulder tattoo, I would have to say the shoulder hurt a lot less.

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:28 AM, Gingerninja said:

I'm going on the record saying butt tattoos hurt. My cheek started to involuntarily twitch at one point. Oops.

I agree, but it was weird, too. It's not that I found it hurt any more than "normal" places, but my pain tolerance was much shorter over time. I can sit for 3-4 hours usually before being too uncomfortable, but I could only sit 1 1/2- 2 hours for the butt cheeks before tapping out for the day.

Totally worth it though every time I see it in the mirror!

Wildcat

• 3 weeks later...

After both sets of ribs by two different tattooers, both all the way to the armpits, pecs right to the nipple, collarbones, and a complete full back piece, for me still the lower back right above the crack. The memory of tattoo pain fades pretty quick, but I still remember feeling like I was getting electrocuted in that spot. Like someone was holding a cattle prod on me. 

Edited by Isotope

49 minutes ago, Isotope said:

After both sets of ribs by two different tattooers, both all the way to the armpits, pecs right to the nipple, collarbones, and a complete full back piece, for me still the lower back right above the crack. The memory of tattoo pain fades pretty quick, but I still remember feeling like I was getting electrocuted in that spot. Like someone was holding a cattle prod on me. 

where ? by the armpits ?

I've got 6 on my arms, one fairly large scratcher done mess of a mistake from my youth.  I'll put it on the bad side later.  I've got one big leg piece, and both of my feet done.

The final pass of shading and highlights on my 3 hour calf were pretty intense, but I'd say the 48-72 hours after having both feet done at the same time with a very thick black traditional tattoo was one of the most painful experiences of a very colorful life.

Pretty much every step that I didn't aim for the balls of my feet to avoid stretching was like a light to mild burn, and if I had to put all my weight evenly on my feet it would get so intense that it would nearly buckle me.  I would have only gotten one foot done at a time, but I had intended to get ankles.  The placement was just way cooler on my feet, and when I saw the stencils I had to go for it.  Friday the 13th and my first super traditional tattoos.

Just had the ditch colored in last week. If I had to pick, I think the linework through the same area (done a few months before) was worse than the coloring... but both were bad. Here it is about 2 minutes after being done:

i-TC3GpPb-L.jpg

Almost as bad -- that little negative space elbow where the green makes a Y... we colored that in red next. And the constant wiping of the paper towel over the green area that had just been done was awful. Like sandpaper.

Edited by otisc

• 7 months later...
41 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Yep, I still think the butt hurts. Mad, mad respect for folks that have their entire butt cheeks covered. Thinking about how much the butt/thigh intersection would hurt makes me wince.

hands,knees,elbows,neck,ribs,ankles,no big deal for me,but I agree with the butt,and it's the inner thigh for me too.

Edited by Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...