Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

Yeah Rory, your comments are interesting too. It didnt hurt me to bad on the fatty parts near my waist...easiest area of the day. The funny thing for me was, it hurt like hell when I was on my back...but wasn't too bad when I was on my side or my stomach...

the pain associated with being tattooed is weird.

I have only my left pec done for right now. It was bad close to the armpit and around the nipple. I'm going to agree with cfgsteak (and anyone else who commentd on the nipple in the last 12 pages that I skipped over reading :P), that the nipple was straight up awful. Collarbone area and sternum weren't so bad.

What is worse than having your family jewels tattooed, I imagine doing it yourself like the guy in the link posted below. I ran into him at the Portland Tattoo Convention. I tried to introduce myself, but he blew me off and said he didn't feel like talking to anyone that day so I told him to have a good day and moved on. Funny 20 mins later I see a flustered Corey Miller being harassed by this guy while he is trying to tattoo a client and his counter person must have been on a lunch break, I had to laugh a little. Thankfully he gave me a business card so I can view video and pics of him tattooing his own junk. Unfortunately it looks like his site is having some difficulties. I feel sorry for this guy.

MATTGONE.NET/.COM/.INFO./ORG

Ink-Stained Wretch

when I was getting my back done I had this bizarre thing where I was convinced that (lying on my stomach) it didn't feel as sore if I had my head turned to the right - like, arms folded, my left cheek on the mat and I'm looking to my right. When I turned to the left it felt more uncomfortable.

I had a similar thing when I had my back done. I simply HAD to keep my face flat into the cushion or, nose squashed and everything, the pain got worse. Maybe it was oxygen starvation I was after.

*Edited to say that, after re-reading what you were originally saying about left/right, my thing is actually the opposite of what you were saying. I am therefore a plonker.

• 2 weeks later...

i think women can take more pain to a degree. but for me the the chest must rate as being very painfull .i was told once after tattooing some orientel piece around a guys chest n nipple he said it felt like his nipple was being removed lol. but he did also find the front of his shin really painfull too. and this guy was 16 stone solid. me personally the pain is ok in a bearable way. not brave enough yet for some neck work.

What is worse than having your family jewels tattooed, I imagine doing it yourself like the guy in the link posted below. I ran into him at the Portland Tattoo Convention. I tried to introduce myself, but he blew me off and said he didn't feel like talking to anyone that day so I told him to have a good day and moved on. Funny 20 mins later I see a flustered Corey Miller being harassed by this guy while he is trying to tattoo a client and his counter person must have been on a lunch break, I had to laugh a little. Thankfully he gave me a business card so I can view video and pics of him tattooing his own junk. Unfortunately it looks like his site is having some difficulties. I feel sorry for this guy.

MATTGONE.NET/.COM/.INFO./ORG

Ink-Stained Wretch

Just clicked on these links –– what is this dude's deal? Did you read his rant on Xed??

about a week ago i got my knee tattooed by wes grim...not as bad as i thought......and a month ago i got both my feet tattooed by mike belzel....pure hell....the healing, my shoes looked like there were freshly baked loaves of bread in them, and i couldnt walk for about two days. the absolute worst were my thumbs done by eddie gracida. ive kinda started to think that the older i get the more it hurts, or are all the easy spots done with already........

• 3 months later...

I'm not heavily covered so my pain experience has been limited, but both my shins were cake and upper arms were cake too. The worst (I feel like a wuss for saying this) was right above my ankle and it was the smallest tattoo I have. Not looking forward to the kneecap tho

I'm not heavily covered so my pain experience has been limited, but both my shins were cake and upper arms were cake too. The worst (I feel like a wuss for saying this) was right above my ankle and it was the smallest tattoo I have. Not looking forward to the kneecap tho

I forgot about right above the ankle! Shit is no joke outta nowhere

both of my shins are deadened from muay thai, I dont plan on getting them tattooed for a long time but afraid that when nerves regenerate I will be in for a wild ride. I also think the calcium deposits on the front of my shin wont be fun to tattoo