Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

both of my shins are deadened from muay thai, I dont plan on getting them tattooed for a long time but afraid that when nerves regenerate I will be in for a wild ride. I also think the calcium deposits on the front of my shin wont be fun to tattoo

True that could definitely lead to an interesting time. So far I've found bone to be easier to relax with than muscle

I also have basically dead shins from many years of Muay Thai. Felt almost nothing there. My artist commented that tattooing my shin was like "tattooing concrete covered in a thin layer of rubber" (from all the bumps).

The Achille's sucked. The back of the knee didn't bother much at all (I was expecting it to really be bad), except for a bit on that large tendon that was fairly uncomfortable. The top of the kneecap was the worst, by far, and the only time I screamed in 71 hours of that leg sleeve!

For me definitely upper inside arm into armpit area sucked, also upper foot/ankle/upper ankle area was awful. I also tattooed that area myself and I find that tattooing yourself always hurts a lot worse. Not really sure why, maybe because I'm in control of my own pain so I instantly turn into a wimp.

I also have basically dead shins from many years of Muay Thai. Felt almost nothing there. My artist commented that tattooing my shin was like "tattooing concrete covered in a thin layer of rubber" (from all the bumps).

The Achille's sucked. The back of the knee didn't bother much at all (I was expecting it to really be bad), except for a bit on that large tendon that was fairly uncomfortable. The top of the kneecap was the worst, by far, and the only time I screamed in 71 hours of that leg sleeve!

phi, do you still thai box? I am wondering if the nerves regenerate eventually if you give it enough rest. I have not kicked pads in over a yr but still no feeling really. I have the bumps and crevices going aswell, did your shins turn out good?

I don't do it anywhere near as much as I would like, and have taken many months off at a time (hoping to get back to the gym tonight, actually).

I find that every time I start again, I get a little pain in some spots if I hit "off", but the conditioning is still basically there.

Ink-wise, my shin turned out perfect, but it looks like I am fortunate enough to have skin that just sucks in ink and heals extremely quickly. Even the heavy shading in places like behind my knee turned out perfect (and we packed a lot of ink in there, if you check the pictures).

Pinch the spot real good, if it hurts the tattoo will probably hurt. Hahah as for me the only thing that sucked bad was my ribs, my second tattoo that I got and done by a inexperienced person.. Let's just say the bones probably got some dots on em now hahhah.. My shins didn't bother me, nor did my chest untill each spot was on the last few passes. Second to my ribs had to be that bump under your knee.. Color packed in right there was no fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Knuckles and sternum were bad. I remember right after I got mine done, I tattooed my buddy's fiancée's sternum and told her it was gonna suck...she put me to shame, sat like she was getting a haircut, talked the whole time.

The worst for me was the throat. It felt like I was getting strangled and cut at the same time. My boss's wife had to walk away, she couldn't watch...said I looked stoic but she knew it was brutal. I have no shame, I may have sat still but my back hurt the whole next day from cringing.

I am going to say now that my head was the most painful!

It was not fun at all....the lining was not too bad at first....but the solid shading really sucked ass!

Something small probably wouldn't be too bad....but (for me) the side of the head (especially behind the ear)with large coverage really hurts....ha ha ha!

Again though......I was told by some people that they didn't have a too much trouble with it....I personally think they were lying....ha ha ha ha ha!

Again though......I was told by some people that they didn't have a too much trouble with it....I personally think they were lying....ha ha ha ha ha!

I don't let anyone tattoo me more than 2 hours. It all hurts to me. I've gone about 2 years or so between every session on my chest just because I don't wanna!

...the lining was not too bad at first....but the solid shading really sucked ass!

Something small probably wouldn't be too bad....but (for me) the side of the head (especially behind the ear)with large coverage really hurts...

I've found that for me (and we all know it's different for everyone) typically the outline hurts more but on the worst tattoos, the shading is worse. I don't know why but that's my experience.

I've found that for me (and we all know it's different for everyone) typically the outline hurts more but on the worst tattoos, the shading is worse. I don't know why but that's my experience.

I find they are a different kind of pain. Outline is "sharp", but not as intense. Very concentrated, and since you're going all over the place, everywhere is a "new spot", which sucks. Shading is more "dull", but can be way more intense. However, if it stays in one spot, it either gets dull, or intensifies (if it's a particularly sensitive spot).

Does anyone else feel this way?

I don't let anyone tattoo me more than 2 hours. It all hurts to me. I've gone about 2 years or so between every session on my chest just because I don't wanna!

I'm the other way around: "Just get it done." I've had a few sessions a little over 7 hours. It was miserable, but I wanted that section done. Then, I'll be back in two weeks if there's more work going there (I've also done two days back-to-back when there was an opening and I knew we could hit different sections. That wasn't much fun).

Sometimes, it sucks being goal-oriented. It makes you forget about the joy of the process, something I sometimes also get when motorcycling. It's supposed to be about the ride, but if I'm in a rush, I just want to get there.

Well, I did get 71 hours of work done in 13 sessions from June to November or so...Shortest was around 4 hours or so, I think. Like I said: goal-oriented!

And then had to drive home close to an hour and deal with customs (thankfully, never a problem) after each session...

Hahaha. I know how your day went. Incredible, isn't it? Who knew it'd be deep and searing down there?

Make what you will of that last sentence.

That's great!!!! Man, it hurts like no other!!! No painkillers or nothing. Not making that mistake tomorrow. Went 6 yesterday and 7 today. Not sure how long tomorrow. I'll post some pics after tomorrow, it looks FEEAKIN AMAZING!!!

That's great!!!! Man, it hurts like no other!!! No painkillers or nothing. Not making that mistake tomorrow. Went 6 yesterday and 7 today. Not sure how long tomorrow. I'll post some pics after tomorrow, it looks FEEAKIN AMAZING!!!

That's some long-ass (literally) days to be doing consecutively.

I'm not sure how close your getting to the crack, but its the strangest feeling when the vibration starts to travel *a little to deep* for comfort. It weirded me out when that happened.

Yeah, same thing here. The pain was intense and I agree about the "weird" feeling.