Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

Well I've only had my back and chest done but the back was no problem for me (well it still hurt but was bearable). I sat for 6 hours straight at one stage.

My chest however was fine on the left side, but the right side was more painful. Same artist, about the same sized tattoo as the other side, but for some reason it was more intense. I started sweating right away and was pretty much watching the clock throughout the whole tattoo (bad idea).

I found it quite easy to be able to get my feet tattooed, but what has really sucked so far is my elbow ditch in my arm, during my sleeve. I can guarantee many future tattoos will be more painful, but that's that for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange how an area that should be accustomed to sensation/pain (the palm) hurts so bad. I don't intend to get hand tattoos so I'll never find this out for myself though.

Completely agree with you on this one. Due to my career choice, hands and throat are out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I mentioned somewhere once that getting my butt worked on wasn't all that bad, well...I change my mind. That's over the top awful. Shading isn't bad, but having it outlined is horrible. Previously the artist outlined and shaded my right side for my backpiece, now she's starting on the left. This time I was squirming through the whole process. My body would just twitch involuntarily. That said it'll be nice when it's finished. It's odd walking around knowing you've one bum cheek completely covered in black and the other pale as the full moon ;-)

I think I mentioned somewhere once that getting my butt worked on wasn't all that bad, well...I change my mind. That's over the top awful. Shading isn't bad, but having it outlined is horrible. Previously the artist outlined and shaded my right side for my backpiece, now she's starting on the left. This time I was squirming through the whole process. My body would just twitch involuntarily. That said it'll be nice when it's finished. It's odd walking around knowing you've one bum cheek completely covered in black and the other pale as the full moon ;-)

That is the price you pay for your insolence. Never doubt me again, @Lance. Ever.

:)

Not looking forward to my chest coming up, but I'm taking every precaution. A good nights sleep, protein packed breakfast and most important: no alcohol.

I feel your pain, and I'm going to again. I'm getting a Hanna Mask chest panel as part of my sleeve and during the outline there were a few spots that were really painful. I only had the outline done and am going back 11/5/12 for the color.

• 3 weeks later...
I do have to say getting my ass tattooed was not bad at ALL! Very weird....

...so for you it's not "a deep and searing pain that lasts for days, a memory that lasts a lifetime.". Ha ha!

Good on you! I think maybe I was really excited to get my backpiece added to the first time so my adrenalin was pumping. The last time however I knew what to expect so I psychologically made it worse. Funny how attitude can affect you. I have to learn your zen techniques next time around.