Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

• 3 weeks later...

My brother had a milky bar kid tattoed on his ribs and he thought it was the most painful tattoo hes had, hes very skinny though. my friend whos abit bigger also had her ribs tattooed didnt find it that bad so it depends really, Ive got a tattoo up the side of my lower leg and the parts of the tattoo that are on my shin i found nearly unbearable, that tattoo was done in one 11 hour session

I don't have anything in other locations for comparison, but my only tattoo to date is on my ribs and I honestly didn't think it was painful. Granted it was only a 90 minute session, which may have something to do with the lack of ouchness, but I found that the vibration was the most annoying part. My artist was surprised how well I sat, and said that I put some of the big boys to shame (I'm female, and only 4'10" tall).

The next piece I'm planning may change my tune as it will be on the other side of my ribcage and much larger in size.

Getting a piece done on my back tomorrow, top middle (just below the neck). It will be about the size of my hand, looking forward to it. I suppose itl be soreish on the spine area???

Here it is by the way, black and white, and just the sword and wings.

images_zpsca49fcd7.jpg

Getting a piece done on my back tomorrow, top middle (just below the neck). It will be about the size of my hand, looking forward to it. I suppose itl be soreish on the spine area???

Here it is by the way, black and white, and just the sword and wings.

images_zpsca49fcd7.jpg

I hope your piece come out well. Right on the spine can get pretty painful but everyone is different. That spot I think has a minimal pain level compared to the rest of the body.

Was about ask about the knee! Ditch was a bitch. Elbow I've yet to finish (shade a web to finish sleeve), but it hurt to line! Ribs is hell,you can't prepare for it. Calf wasn't much fun, wrist stings but is ok. Gotta fill in my torso next month,its already lined by Ross Nagle, we're gonna hit some sweet spots! (will post pics when done)

By the by- David did around six hours on my ribs on Tuesday, and we used Nibble and Sip; Maybe its an overall improvement because of fitness/diet changes, or maybe its because of N&S, but... there was a noticeable difference in my tolerance over the last time I had my ribs worked on.

Six hours, @ShawnPorter? I hope you were nibbling on Vicodin and sipping on whiskey.

hah. Protein bars and water, my friend. Clean living.

I was good until we started outlining (the outlines of the Monk were already there, it was just a color session until we finished the main part and decided on the halo) near the armpit. By that point I was hitting a wall. Still... finished it up. Until we work on the background.

I DID take my glaucoma medicine once I left the shop, so that helped a bit. ;D