Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

My 2 cents to this one is that knee tattoos are quite 'uncomfortable' ..

Also I just discovered via Stewart Robson's blog that the palm of your hand must be a bit tricky as well. Check out Stewart Robson's blog documenting how Oliver PeCk and Thomas Hooper deal with pain; HOOPER versus PECKer - The Highlights on Vimeo

Interesting and entertaining ..:-)

How bad is the front side of the upper thigh? That is were my next tattoo will be going.

I know the hip bone area sucks.

Side of the thigh isn't very bad. It hurts don't get me wrong but with some music and comfortable positioning you can deal fair enough. Whenever the piece crept towards the top of the thigh tho, oh my Buddha. Lining and shading it was no joke. Even worse than the foot. But..... I haven't done the knee or shin yet haha so I imagine those are worse. GL

I didnt think it was to bad. The closer you get to the armpit, the worse it gets.

I thought it was pretty bad, like the first five minutes of a tattoo stretched out over two hours. It never got to that point where I could just chill and enjoy the experience. When I got it done, I had worked a twelve-hour night shift the night/morning before, and then only slept for a couple of hours, and not super well at that because I was getting the tattoo at a convention and so I was all kinds of excited, and I'm usually not really "with it" at the best of times when I work nights, nevermind while getting poked with needles....so I wasn't well rested or in the best mental space going into it, and that contributed so much to not enjoying getting that tattoo. I gritted my teeth, took a lot of deep breaths and got through it though, and the tattoo is great.

Getting my other inner bicep done in a little over a week, we'll see how that goes.

I just had an outline done on my chest, covering most of the pecs and a script rocker on the collar bones. Definitely psyched myself out about the pain level before hand, and struggled through the whole thing...

I've even had compliments on my ability to sit through gnar spots (ribs, elbow cap) but I just couldn't relax, and the whole session was just torture.

for me, my kneecap and palms.

Dude. Fuck palms. I will get my palms tattooed at some point, if nothing else than for the curiosity of how much it actually hurts. Watching people get their palms tattooed freaks me the fuck out though... Right now I have myself convinced that it is the worst pain a human being could possibly feel.

Dude. Fuck palms. I will get my palms tattooed at some point, if nothing else than for the curiosity of how much it actually hurts. Watching people get their palms tattooed freaks me the fuck out though... Right now I have myself convinced that it is the worst pain a human being could possibly feel.

You convinced yourself right. It's on a whole different level, but its worth it for sure, just like any tattoo. hahaha

An afternoon of pain for a lifetime of bragging rights! :-)

I have a shitty palm tattoo and when people ask me how it felt I say, "It is like getting papercut, very sharp and shocking that is stings so much!"

- - - Updated - - -

I read that thinking that there are a bunch of ladies on this board who have had children who are reading this thinking youse guys are total pussies.

Yeah but most women get to take drugs(if they want) to help the pain!

I think the worst part about tattoo pain is that you can't move at all... Other types of pain you can move away from, strike out at, or hop around like an idiot cursing (when you stub your toe!) which I feel helps take the mind off it slightly. When getting tattoed you just have to sit completely still and bear it, which makes it worse, in my opinion.

I think the worst part about tattoo pain is that you can't move at all... Other types of pain you can move away from, strike out at, or hop around like an idiot cursing (when you stub your toe!) which I feel helps take the mind off it slightly. When getting tattoed you just have to sit completely still and bear it, which makes it worse, in my opinion.

... unless you're Oliver Peck

My foot hurt pretty god damn bad. I have a real boney ass foot and i can feel it go over every bone and tendon and as if the tattoo process wasnt painfull enough trying to walk the two blocks to my car with my foot swollen up like a coffee can was even worse. Well worth it though.

Hear that...hope that passed!

Muahaha...if only I was that lucky.

I have enough stones in both kidneys right now to pass them every day for the rest of my life. I have probably passed hundreds and luckily have only been to the hospital a couple times. My fear is that the stones all fuse together and my kidneys shut down...I don't know how likely that is, but scary all the same.