Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

Muahaha...if only I was that lucky.

I have enough stones in both kidneys right now to pass them every day for the rest of my life. I have probably passed hundreds and luckily have only been to the hospital a couple times. My fear is that the stones all fuse together and my kidneys shut down...I don't know how likely that is, but scary all the same.

Whoa! Yeah, that's enough to scare the..bejeezus outta ya. Drink lots of vinegar? Is there some super-whiz-bang new treatment that you can take to clear 'em out, or is it something you'll be stuck with? Will keep a good thought for ya, hope that something can be done.

Whoa! Yeah, that's enough to scare the..bejeezus outta ya. Drink lots of vinegar? Is there some super-whiz-bang new treatment that you can take to clear 'em out, or is it something you'll be stuck with? Will keep a good thought for ya, hope that something can be done.

From what I understrand, the only way to treat the stones that are still in the kidney is certain medication and/or surgery. If they pass out of the kidney they can be lasered and broken up so they pass easier. I am able to control how many I pass very well by drinking a ton of water(about 1.5 gallons per day), no consuming much sodium, and no non-natural sugar.

From what I understrand, the only way to treat the stones that are still in the kidney is certain medication and/or surgery. If they pass out of the kidney they can be lasered and broken up so they pass easier. I am able to control how many I pass very well by drinking a ton of water(about 1.5 gallons per day), no consuming much sodium, and no non-natural sugar.

A friend was treated using ultrasonic therapy to break them up, and it worked out well for him. Best of luck to you, I can only hope you find a way to get rid of them!

Healthy wishes to you Brock.

If we are going to qualify, I've been stung by a round stingray... I'd take an inner arm tattoo any day (although, maybe not a palm tattoo lol).

I also have been hit by a stingray. Right in my shin. It was probably the most painful thing that I have ever endured.

- - - Updated - - -

If we are going to qualify, I've been stung by a round stingray... I'd take an inner arm tattoo any day (although, maybe not a palm tattoo lol).

I also have been hit by a stingray. Right in my shin. It was probably the most painful thing that I have ever endured.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Yikes.

@TrixieFaux

Many have mentioned the pain involved in a back piece...has anyone mentioned the spine specifically? How does that area compare to others?

Just to show how everyone is different, on my back piece, the spine wasn't bad at all. Neither were the ribs or shoulder blades. All the good, bony parts were pretty easy, in fact. The lower back and the red stripes, however, were just bloody fucking misery for me. As for body type, I'm male, 5'9" and about 145lbs. This is the tattoo.

@TrixieFaux

Just to show how everyone is different, on my back piece, the spine wasn't bad at all. Neither were the ribs or shoulder blades. All the good, bony parts were pretty easy, in fact. The lower back and the red stripes, however, were just bloody fucking misery for me. As for body type, I'm male, 5'9" and about 145lbs. This is the tattoo.

I've had the exact same experience with my back. Spine doesn't bug me, ribs are unpleasant but bearable, but holy shit my hips and especially the bits over my kidneys. Not good.

Major back piece being done now and my pain threshold seems pretty good. Long, straight lines I feel at the worst as it feels like you are being seared like a steak on a BBQ!

My artists says I am like a rock to work on and loves it. My Grandmother got hit by a Rubbish Truck at the age of 86 and it broke her hips, ribs and leg. When the ambulance came to get her, they asked if she was in pain. She said she could do with a Panadol an that the pain was not bad at all. Very strong woman.

Maybe I have part of her genetics. During her recovery, the doctors said she should have died yet, she seemed to be in hardly any pain and mended well. She is 98 years old now.

Pain I feel is pretty subjective to your mindset. I tried the other day when I was getting some heavy shading done over my spine area, that if I though before he started to shade, it was going to hurt, it would. If I just put my mind into another area of thought, like a problem in my business that has been bothering me, I would not feel much pain at all. I find the first 4-5 minutes a little uncomfortable when he first starts, but then I think the pain endorphins kick in and then mostly, it all goes numb then.

Had my first real piece done on the chest last week. It extends from just above my nipple up to the collarbone. I expected the collarbone to be rough, but it was one of the easier sections. The killer was shading just above the nipple and along the side of the pec near the underarm.

• 2 weeks later...

Major big session today on the back piece and for the first time, for the 7 hours of work done, it blew almost the whole time. I had the left hand side ribs done, across to the start of my kidneys and to my lower hip area. It was the most painful experience I have encountered in my life. The last 24 hours work was just a walk in the park baby, Today, for some reason it just blew the whole time.

In the photo you will see the Sakurai in multiple pinks. This whole section took 7 hours to do and just about the whole lower area hurt like shit but the outer edge really blew. I thought really I could handle a lot of pain before... today I was almost howling like a baby... Not looking forward to next Tuesdays session at all...

wp_20120906_005_thumb.jpg wp_20120906_004_thumb.jpg

Pain is something that has actually been a big concern to me when getting my tattoo. I'm in the process of getting my first one, and it will be a fairly large peice extening from my upper army to shoulders. I guess my biggest concern is that I'm going to somehow move and cause the artist to "screw up". How does an artist deal with that?

Pain is something that has actually been a big concern to me when getting my tattoo. I'm in the process of getting my first one, and it will be a fairly large peice extening from my upper army to shoulders. I guess my biggest concern is that I'm going to somehow move and cause the artist to "screw up". How does an artist deal with that?

They give you a good, hard bitch slapping. Don't worry, no one ever moves again :-)

Had my first real piece done on the chest last week. It extends from just above my nipple up to the collarbone. I expected the collarbone to be rough, but it was one of the easier sections. The killer was shading just above the nipple and along the side of the pec near the underarm.

Two, the underside of the pec is no joke. The inside of my arm near the armpit was a treat too.

I was very nervous for my first time. It not nearly as bad as you are imagining. The upper arm and shoulder are a breeze. Even over the collarbone isn't too bad. Near the armpit, and nipple are the worse I've encountered so far.

They give you a good, hard bitch slapping. Don't worry, no one ever moves again :-)

Oh, when you get your first tattoo you have alot of concerns like this. I draw blood for a blood portion of my day, and have seen more than one patient "jump" when I stuck the needle in. Why I am on the topic, I noticed an odd trend when it comes to the patients I see. The ones that are REALLY afraid of needles tend to have tattoos. It seems really ironic to me that they can put themselves through hours of having a needle jabbed in them while getting a tattoo, but drawing a tube of blood has them sweating. Has anyone else noticed this?