Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

Oh, when you get your first tattoo you have alot of concerns like this. I draw blood for a blood portion of my day, and have seen more than one patient "jump" when I stuck the needle in. Why I am on the topic, I noticed an odd trend when it comes to the patients I see. The ones that are REALLY afraid of needles tend to have tattoos. It seems really ironic to me that they can put themselves through hours of having a needle jabbed in them while getting a tattoo, but drawing a tube of blood has them sweating. Has anyone else noticed this?

I am very afraid of needles. A tattoo doesn't feel like an injection. It's a completely different feeling.

Oh, when you get your first tattoo you have alot of concerns like this. I draw blood for a blood portion of my day, and have seen more than one patient "jump" when I stuck the needle in. Why I am on the topic, I noticed an odd trend when it comes to the patients I see. The ones that are REALLY afraid of needles tend to have tattoos. It seems really ironic to me that they can put themselves through hours of having a needle jabbed in them while getting a tattoo, but drawing a tube of blood has them sweating. Has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that a tattoo machine doesn't really look like a needle, in the same way that a hypodermic needle and syringe does. Maybe it also has to do with the fact that getting a tattoo is a voluntary action, whereas needles in a medical context tend not to be. I'm finding also that the patients I deal with who have the greatest needle anxiety also tend to be those who have had bad experiences in the past (having an old battle-axe of a nurse aggressively try multiple times to ram an IV line into my hand as a kid definitely had me spooked of needles for a while).

My artist rang me tonight an wants to do three sessions this week (21 hours) instead of one sessions as he has had two, 7 hour slots pull out (the guy who pulled has a serious flu). After the sessions only a few days ago that totally blew, I gotta get my head ready for a unexpected session tomorrow. I am really bruised from the last one (see bruising along the rib cage). Only about another 30 hours to go, so better man up to them... still better to get them over and done with now and hell, time then to go out an enjoy the work he had done for the rest of my life... 30 hours of pain for a life time of enjoyment, I think is a bargain and worth it all...

Yep, that would be me. It's more so I don't like the fact that this needle is about to be digging into my vein, not really "damn thats a needle and this is going to hurt".

Yep, that would be me. It's more so I don't like the fact that this needle is about to be digging into my vein, not really "damn thats a needle and this is going to hurt".

Alot of the ones I asked said they just don't like the idea of blood leaving their body. They are find putting ink in the skin I guess but the idea of something taking it away. I don't really fully understand it, it's just a trend I noticed.

I definetly have to say "shins". Its not like like the heavy sting on the wrists or neck. Its a combination of heat, sting, and a sensation of feeling like your being tortured by having your skin peeled off with a spoon. LOL. It aint nothin nice as far as im concerned. But I do put ink there. LOL

Edited by thesandmanisme
forgot to put an "a" before spoon. lol

The ankle bone ditch area and the side of the knee caps were brutal for me.

i have a weird tattoo that wraps from under my kneecap up around the inside of my knee and that part was rough.

i also got the inside of my wrist tattooed at the philly convention and it was a lot worse than i had expected it to be. so far my back takes the cake for me as far as "most painful" goes.

The back of my thigh. By far. The design wraps around and we did the back first so it wouldn't be all tender by the time we got to it. Spent the first an hour and a half of a five hour session shading and colouring there, by the end the needle felt like it was tearing strips of flesh off every time it passed over.

I have to go back for more in a week or two.

After today the chest gets my vote!

When I was getting my arm worked on last week there wad a guy getting a full torso piece (which was goddamned ridiculous: it was a four-way Harry Potter themed battle royale with a raven fighting a snake fighting a griffin fighting a badger) and it looked like dude was suffering.

My vote is the ass. After having a 3 hour session on the 17th and a 6 hour session on the 23rd all on coloring in a kimono with a phoenix on my ass it was the worst I have experienced so far. (and yes I am a relativley large guy.)

This has to be the worst thread to read the day before a tattoo session. I am getting from ass to back of knee colored in tommorrow. Back of knee sucked for outline and black and right below ass was pretty tender.

I am very afraid of needles. A tattoo doesn't feel like an injection. It's a completely different feeling.

I'm exactly the same as you. Hate needles with a passion, i can't even watch a scene in a movie where someone is being injected (hell, even the blood drawing scene in pulp fiction where you don't see the needle at all gives me the creeps) but i'll sit there and watch myself being tattooed all day long.

Update... After another 21 hours I have decided on the spot that takes the cake. It bitch slapped me so hard, that I almost passed out in pain. My guy told me my top arse area and kidneys was almost all bone and be prepared for six hours of bitch slapping pain. My god, was he right. The kidney area was not good and then he hit that spot above my arse crack and I almost died. After doing that, he then attacked a rib area that had been giving me grief before an I did not even FEEL it after that arse whooping I took...

He suggested I use some lidocaine on that arse bit but I told him it was for pussy's... maybe I should have taken him up in it... lol... it is all done now, that piece and I thank god I never, ever have to revisit it....

Some of my friends told me that chest tattoos are one of the most painful ones. Anyone can confirm this ?

yes, they hurt. Mine only goes from my shoulder onto a part of my chest, and it was the worst feeling I have had getting a tattoo. The collar bone, the fleshy part of my chest, took my breath away.

Attacking the other side kidney area tomorrow. We only did the left hand side last time. Not looking forward to it at all. Also, looks like my body does not like a certain brown color as it scabbed up and I am glad I am not getting that color anymore. Out of the last 40 hours of work, no scabbing but only just this little bit of brown and yuck...

Two more 8 hour sessions and this baby is put to bed.... worst part is I found some script I want done now and just wondering where to put it....