Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

• 2 weeks later...

Finger...nail? You can get that tattooed?

The absolute worst for me by far is the top of the shoulder. Not the deltoid but literal top where your deltoid I guess meets your trap muscle. I could BARELY take the pain.

Elbow hurt as well, both the inside and actual elbow.

Bicep for me surprisingly wasnt bad at all, even near the armpit.

My back hurt A LOT more than I thought as well. A 3 hour outline session got me tapping out.

There was a dude at the Montreal convention this year who got half his head tattooed by Chad Koeplinger one day and Mike Rubendall the next. Goddamn maniac.

My friend got his head tattooed , he was supposed to be getting 4 hours, managed 2 before tapping out lol when it was all done he ended up with a great tattoo and a terrible haircut ...

• 2 weeks later...

I got my throat tattooed a few months ago. I'm heavily tattooed, I've got two sleeves, my hands a covered and my legs, too. I have to admit that I was quite nervous before getting my throat tattooed. Let me just say this: it's unpleasant, but doable. Jim Sylvia tattooed my throat (and the sides of my neck a few months after that) and I love it that he is very light-handed and has a gentle way of tattooing, as odd as that may sound. I've had way more painful tattoo sessions e.g. on my knees (I was close to tears) and the top of my feet.

Who is gonna tattoo your throat?

Got my right chest done a week ago. Went to the appointment thinking "well it couldn't be as bad as lower leg, towards the knee ditch...right? Right??

Then the needle punctuated me. Fuck me. Towards the nipple, and towards the armpit was pure hell.

Interestingly enough, collarbone and sternum weren't painful, just really uncomfortable because of the vibrations. And the artist wiped the ink off always in the same direction over my collarbone, towards the end I reeeallly had to restrain myself not punching him in the face.

In the end I sat 4 and a half hours, was worth it.

I have arm and middle of back and I would call them more irritations than PAIN. I wouldn't describe it as hurting mainly b/c I have and I am sure most of us have experiences real pain and hurting than a tattoo

I am getting my shoulder blade/neck area done next weekend :D We'll see if that has more pain

Also, is it true about having more muscle or fat than being skinny in certain areas helps?

Many people have disagreed with me, but even after having the top portion of my back done, the top of my foot was by far the worst. Ankles, even top of ankle near my foot, sensitive for sure, but the TOP of my foot sucked. I was told that people feel as though they have broken bones in their feet afterwards which I didn't experience at all, just the sharp pains during the tattoo.