Most painful spot to get tattooed

Lochlan

I have to agree with Mick completely, for me the amount of pain and discomfort is almost random.

Some sessions I have thought would be unbearable have been a breeze yet on the other side some areas I read are easy I have found quite tough. Recently just had both back of thighs background shading done. Left hand side I completely struggled with and couldn't wait for the session to be over. Yet just a week later the right side was a breeze. Elbow pits are another area alot say are bad, yet For me they were not too bad.

My thoughts are every session hurts, some more than others. Thankfully no session has killed me yet so only makes me stronger. :) For me the end result is all that matters, getting great artwork.

I agree sometimes the pain is random, although love handles and near the arm pit get a special stars for consistency.

I'm finding that the pain goes up significantly any time he's working away on a spot that's directly over a knot in my back - generally the knots between my shoulder blades. Then the pain becomes exquisite. I lightly pulled a muscle in my back yesterday trail running, and I'm praying that's not where he decides to work tomorrow. Sigh.

Just to add to the discussion of "it's different for everyone;" before we started my torso, Chad told me my belly would be the worst spot, so he'd work his way down there. When we took a little break to pour more ink and spin me around for the other side, Joe was looking sympathetic and says "that head must've been rough, I remember getting tattooed in that spot." So, there's two tattooers and all the anecdotal information I've read on here saying I should have been miserable when my belly was being lined, but I had a much harder time with my chest and shoulders. Granted, the whole thing was rough, wish I could have slept better the night before.

information I've read on here saying I should have been miserable when my belly was being lined, but I had a much harder time with my chest.

Same same. Especially banging out the sternum.

By the time we did the same, and worked down to the stomach after smashing top torso, it was like back to relaxing and enjoying it more again.

Same same. Especially banging out the sternum.

By the time we did the same, and worked down to the stomach after smashing top torso, it was like back to relaxing and enjoying it more again.

So by "enjoying it more again" you mean you just aren't screaming in your mind as loudly?

I'm sitting in the chair waiting for the drilling to begin. Love handles down to the waist and upper butt tonight. Oh joy.

Kinda like that @SeeSea. I found drilling the sternum was breathtakingly painful. As we know, if we can control the breathing, the body is more relaxed, hence the mind tuning in sync making for a much more pleasant experience.

Good luck today with your session. Love handles = sucky.

On another note, does any of us agree that chicks seem to handle the pain better than us fellas?

I've seen a lot of females cop long & brutal sessions and their composure is truly one to be respected.

From my limited experience...

Outer wrist was fine except for the edges of the bone....

Followed by the shoulder blade, which was the same, but more of a n bone shaker...

Ankle, I don't know if it was Age or location, but that was definitely the most painful. I was gripping the wall and actually making noise.

- - - Updated - - -

For me, tattoo pain does kind of pale into insignificance after two drug free births, yeah.

I told my husband me holding his hand during my latest tattoo was a preview to child birth.plan drug free as well.

Had my knee tattooed the other day and I must say it was the easiest tattoo I have had so far.

However healing a knee tattoo for me was horrible, my knee had swollen up so much it was crazy in fact the 3 to 5 days after getting the tattoo was a lot worse than actually getting it, for this reason I will say the knee for me.