Possibly Dumb Question

Ok folks I need some input here. I'm scheduled to get some work done this Sunday, but I don't really know what I want. I've always been that way. I've been fortunate enough to have some artists I really trust usually just tell them where I want it, and to have fun. This next one is going on my upper right chest area and will hopefully be about 6"x6" when finished. Most of my other work is in places that are visible at times(arms and legs mostly) so they've been pretty "family friendly" so far. This one being somewhere that will be covered most of the time I'm thinking about something maybe a bit edgier. The idea in my head is something that says "I'm tired of hipsters and soccer mom's diluting the tattoo culture".... what kind of imagery do you all think might say that?

I appreciate any and all input!

-Panther head with a naked soccer mom in it's mouth

-Panther head with a hipster head in it's mouth

OR

-Soccer mom with a panther head in her mouth

-Hipster with a panther head in his mouth

Or just get a badass pantherhead with nothing in its mouth.

(Maybe get one with a dagger through its head and some blood if you want to "up" the gore factor)

someone who is a "soccer mom" now wasn't always that. Are tattoos only for certain people? This irks me because if you saw me now (a mom, teacher, etc.) you might think I just jumped on the tattoo bandwagon when in actuality I got my first tattoo 20 years ago long before I ever knew I'd even become a mom. Many of us are drawn to tattoos.

Or something in the lines of this....

This particular awesomeness was tattooed by our very own @Stewart Robson

(I think tattoos like these are traditionally done in the armpits as a part of japanese bodysuites though. Please correct me if i'm wrong)

Indeed. It is common to put smut or very personal images under there since it would only be seen by someone very close to the wearer.

Not to derail the thread...TATTOO/IREZUMI/ART/Irezumi Japanese traditional art 'Oukoshisei' Kakushibori

How about a japanese severed head? Or better yet, a bag of severed heads.

I'm not sure if you were kidding or not, but I like the panther head with hipster in it's mouth idea.

Here's the deal- in about 5 years, no one is going to know WTF a hipster was anyway. At best, you can just say it's like a scientist dude because of the thick rimmed glasses. Going into a long discussion about why you cared about people that no one cares about later is just going to be confusing. At least with the naked "soccer mom" you have boobs.

IMO the gorier/sexier the tattoo, the more it increases the chances your future Significant Other will be less inclined to see you without a shirt.

Here's the deal- in about 5 years, no one is going to know WTF a hipster was anyway. At best, you can just say it's like a scientist dude because of the thick rimmed glasses. Going into a long discussion about why you cared about people that no one cares about later is just going to be confusing. At least with the naked "soccer mom" you have boobs.

IMO the gorier/sexier the tattoo, the more it increases the chances your future Significant Other will be less inclined to see you without a shirt.

I would have to agree and for the record my wife hates my reaper with tits and at least once a year asks me to get it covered.

Ok folks I need some input here. I'm scheduled to get some work done this Sunday, but I don't really know what I want. I've always been that way. I've been fortunate enough to have some artists I really trust usually just tell them where I want it, and to have fun. This next one is going on my upper right chest area and will hopefully be about 6"x6" when finished. Most of my other work is in places that are visible at times(arms and legs mostly) so they've been pretty "family friendly" so far. This one being somewhere that will be covered most of the time I'm thinking about something maybe a bit edgier. The idea in my head is something that says "I'm tired of hipsters and soccer mom's diluting the tattoo culture".... what kind of imagery do you all think might say that?

I appreciate any and all input!

So you got family friendly tattoos but want a non-family friendly tattoo that says you don't like how tattoos are now family friendly? Just get what you like dude and don't worry about hipsters or hippies or whoever. Stick with something you identify with and you can't lose, everyone else be damned. (Apologies if this came off extra cranky, long day yesterday.)

Here's the deal- in about 5 years, no one is going to know WTF a hipster was anyway. At best, you can just say it's like a scientist dude because of the thick rimmed glasses...

I realized after I read this that people would probably wonder what's up with the scientist dude getting chomped on-just tell them you hate smart people.

I'm lucky, I guess.

My Girl who I've been with for the last 9 years is a total pinky who just happens to think heavily tattooed men look sexy.

My arms are covered in skulls, smoke, spiderwebs, demons, a reaper, dice and cards, razor, dragons, and a couple of cats (and the number 13).

I never gave much thought as to how other people would think of me due to the imagery, I just got what I wanted, but the way I look has allowed me (and her by proxy) to live a very shit-free life.

It turns out my pale, somewhat flabby chest is a bit more tender than I thought. I punked out at 2 hours in. He's pretty close to me so I decided another session was favorable to an additional hour of pain at the time. Hopefully will get it finished this next weekend. Oh yeah, I went with a skull, and I'm very happy. Thanks for all the help folks!