Mike wilson fast or not?

lving4today

there are a few all around great tattooers, guys that can pull off any style. but when i am asked, two stand out far more than anyone else. Scott Sylvia and Mike Wilson. if you have a tattoos, you need to be tattooed by both of these people. end of story.

yup, was his left arm. like @Avery Taylor said, skateboarding was the culprit! I didn't ask him when he expected to be back tattooing, I figured he wouldn't really have an idea yet since it had only been like a week or something when I last saw him.

I heard it looked pretty rough. Hopefully it was a nice clean break that heals well. As we get older our bones don't heal up as well as they did when we were kids.

Unless you are Danny Way or Tony Hawk don't get on a skateboard if you are over the age of 35.

well, to be fair, Tony Alva, Lance Mountain, Steve Caballero, Rodney Mullen, Christian Hosoi, Bob Burnquist, Rob Dyrdek, and Jake Brown are all over 35, and all still kill it...

mind you, for the average person who doesn't skate a lot, i'd still back the original statement.

well, to be fair, Tony Alva, Lance Mountain, Steve Caballero, Rodney Mullen, Christian Hosoi, Bob Burnquist, Rob Dyrdek, and Jake Brown are all over 35, and all still kill it...

mind you, for the average person who doesn't skate a lot, i'd still back the original statement.

It goes mostly for the rest of us. A friend of mine is a professional drummer. He stepped on a skateboard for the first time in years, and broke his arm about five minutes into it. Getting older ain't no picnic. Break your arm when your 16, and all your friends write dirty messages on your cast. Break it when your 40, and you can't pay your bills for a month. I live in Vancouver and when ski season gets here you start seeing a ton of middle aged people with casts on their arms and legs. When you see a kid with a cast you don't even notice, but when you see an adult with one you always wonder what the hell they were doing.

fully understood... i can also say that while i was in my last few years at college, all the frat bros were really getting into long boards. and even though it was already something fairly regular in a college town, the "drunk guy with a cast" became even more prevalent around that time, since there was a new reason other than "oh, i got drunk and punched a wall/door." also, "bro, check out my road rash" guy started to be a thing.

as long as someone knew they longboarded, though, it was all good with them.

I know what you're saying Avery, but I don't think I'm too old to hang it up. The day you say "i'm too old to skate" is when you start getting old.

Some of my best friends, P Wee & Joel Long from Bolder Ink, are over 35 and 40 and still skate, just like me. I'm pretty sure Grime still skates. Obviously Mike does too. All of us have broken an arm (or two!) but it doesnt mean it's gonna stop us from ever skating again.

3 years ago P Wee & I were at Vail and halfway through a day of riding when we noticed the guy in front of us on the lift was 60something and still ripping. PW turned to me and said "we still got 30 or so years left of this". This is how I see it too.

I'm also not scared to look like the old man and wear wristguards and a helmet.

looking to see if mike has any spots open for the cleveland convention in july but i can't find an email or anything anywhere.. assuming i should just call inksmith?

but normally, yes just call the shop, its the location on 3rd st.

I was super excited for me and my wife to get tattooed by him earlier this month, then when i got the call sayingthat our appointment gonna happen, i almost went to mild depression for a few days, bummed for all 3 of us. oh how i needed a little vacation up there.

• 2 weeks later...
my gallery

you from Jax?

Also, for those who've been waiting to hear - I asked Mike about his arm last week, he said he was about to get the hard cast removed and put into a more temporary one and has been using his arm very lightly. So with all hopes he'll be tattooing again by the end of the summer, I didn't ask him when he thought he'd be tattooing but from the sounds of it, it shouldn't be too much longer maybe another couple months or something.