Rose tattoos

Lochlan

Anyone see these black and grey roses with a skull and sword tattoo by Stewart Robson in his tattoo pictures?

I would very much like to see this one healed. I have always like the Traditional style rose more, but I catch myself spending more time gazing and enjoying the semi-realistic fine-line work, like that of Mr. Robson.

Thanks for that post Uncle Loch!

I love these by Chris Conn, too:

Photo by sekretcity • Instagram

I am glad you posted these. Last week I took the time to make up a big post with examples of some roses that I love. I then deleted the entire post and I didn't have the heart or the time to put it all back together. I had also added a Scott Harrison rose (which are pretty hard to find on the internet), and a couple by Juan Puente. The thing that they all have in common is that no skin is left in them. They are colored in all the way to the outline. I really dig this style. I think it gives them a nice full look.

I like rose tattoos with a black outline made by people over 50. But hey, whatever you're into, there's room for it all.

What about roses with a black outline made by people who have been tattooing for over 50 years?

photo_4_thumb.jpg

I got this one from Tony D'Annessa around Easter time this year, it's from one of his old roll-up flash sheets.

• 7 months later...