Rose tattoos

Lochlan

These roses are unusual (from http://web.stagram.com/p/436134954046273325_6075972):

c75be276a77011e283e622000a1fb86d_7.jpg

And then this image has interesting roses. They have the little jelly candies in the middle and are also flat and opened on the outside with the middles still unopened. I think that is kind of interesting. I wish I knew what to call the jelly candies. (From .@mykechambers | #tattoo #tattoos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer)

e949c41aad4d11e2902022000a1ddbd3_7.jpg

I really dig what Ron Henry Wells has been doing with roses. He explains what he's doing with them on his blog here:

For the past few years I’ve been working on drawing roses increasingly weirder, but still based on real roses. More and more deconstructed, kind of like how I treated letters when I was a graffiti writer. Leave essential parts intact, while abstracting the image as a whole. I don’t know if I’m going anywhere with this, and I’m certainly not saying I’m doing some super original new dance or anything, I mean I’ve seen plenty of people do angular roses, but I’m trying to make something happen with these that feels like mine.

rose5.jpg?w=450

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...