I'd like to start a chicano style tattoo threat. The style is a favorite of mine. It also translates well into traditional style tattooing.

I'd like to know which tattooers are highly influenced by this style, as I'd like to get more work done.

Some of my favorite chicano style tattooers are:

Jack Rudy

Freddy Corbin

Eli Quinters

Jason McAfee

Tim Hendricks

Daniel Albrigo

Fernando Lions

Chuco Moreno

UZI

Here are some of my tattoos. Based off of Teen Angels Magazines.

By Eli Quinters.

6615043837_740fa7ebef_z.jpg[/img]

6615069443_1c57ac43c3_z.jpg[/img]

Charlie and Jack pretty much pioneered the style ,in a shop, that is. I worked for GTC for almost 10 yrs. I would have to say those tattoos are nice,but, done in a very traditional style. We used single needles for yrs, but I never touch em nowdays. much of the premades are plenty tight enough. you left out a lot of important cats, Freddy Negrete, Flame, Mike Brown,GTC, These are some of the founding fathers.

theres gonna be a film and book coming out soon ,on this subject. Charlie calls them '' 2 crackers in Beantown'' but thats not the real title. the movie is about Chican Art with GTC,Jack Rudy,Negrete,Cheech Marin and Danny Trejo, Im told. the book is pretty much Charlies story and is supposed to be available thru Henk.

Charlie and Jack pretty much pioneered the style ,in a shop, that is. I worked for GTC for almost 10 yrs. I would have to say those tattoos are nice,but, done in a very traditional style. We used single needles for yrs, but I never touch em nowdays. much of the premades are plenty tight enough. you left out a lot of important cats, Freddy Negrete, Flame, Mike Brown,GTC, These are some of the founding fathers.

I think chicano tattoos look better done in the traditional style. It really brings out the black and grey work.

The amount of hair that is incorporated in chicano designs also looks better when it is done traditionally.

Even Jack Rudy's tattoos have the bold traditional look.

dont want to go too far OT but i saw some GTC flash I am interested in having tattooed. One is an eagle with a bomb on each side the bombs were red,white,blue with a star. Another interesting piece was two bombs with skulls painted on them FTW surronded the bombs. I dont know protocol on such a situation where could find them on sale? as a non tattooer could I purchase them?

That dont sound like Charlies stuff,sorry...first he hated color. second FTW? I dont think so.

dont want to go too far OT but i saw some GTC flash I am interested in having tattooed. One is an eagle with a bomb on each side the bombs were red,white,blue with a star. Another interesting piece was two bombs with skulls painted on them FTW surronded the bombs. I dont know protocol on such a situation where could find them on sale? as a non tattooer could I purchase them?