Who are your Inkmasters

So I am always a week behind the show (watch it on spike website) and at this point don't really care how it ends, I have seen enough. That being said the idea of a who the most well rounded tattooers around is something worth discussing, so I figured I would ask who people would put on the show ideally. Obviously most of these tattooers probably would never go on this show, but nonetheless I figure it's an excuse to give great tattooers the credit they deserve.

I am still thinking about my list but so far I would say

Freddy Corbin

Juan Puente

Tim Hendricks

Yeah I couldn't argue with either of those guys. I was going to Say Dan Gilsdorf and Lewis Hess but they don't have the right number of letters. When I think of Dan Gilsdorf, traditional tattooing comes to mind but seeing some of the work he does in other realms in person and his portfolio makes me think he is about as perfect as of a tattooer as there is. Lewis Hess puts on solid tattoos of all kinds and whenever someone suggests something a little wacky, he is the guy who comes to mind that could pull it off.

I doubt that mastery in all styles is even possible. I really doubt Filip Leu could knock out a color bomb cartoon fantasy like Jesse Smith...and I doubt Tim Hendricks could knock out a Japanese back piece like Shige.

'Ink Master' is a fantasy.

I doubt that mastery in all styles is even possible. I really doubt Filip Leu could knock out a color bomb cartoon fantasy like Jesse Smith...and I doubt Tim Hendricks could knock out a Japanese back piece like Shige.

'Ink Master' is a fantasy.

just click this link and scroll down for a dragon sleeve by tim Saltwatertattoo

I am not versed on technical aspects like alot of the guys and girls here so My choices will be on whos stuff I see that looks good no matter the style

scott sylvia

stewart robson

tim hendricks

I see a guy like jeff gogue do his japanese stuff that looks great to my eye then another syle that I cannot explain. all his stuff looks good to me but havnt seen enough diversity to say he is with the other guys.

I love my own artist, and I'm not well versed in the whose who in tattooing, but i know some of the big names that have been posted. I'd love to go to some of these guys who have been posted but so far Amber's the only person who can read my mind and know what kind of style I want to use and how to get it to fit with what I already have..

there are sooo many well rounded tattooers out there. so many will be left out. id like to see someone post someones name that no one ever talks about

@David Flores mentioned Dan Gilsdorf on the first page. I'd say he qualifies. His traditional is great, but he also has beautiful Japanese work that reminds me of Miyazo's stuff.

Oh, and Dan Gilsdorf :: Atlas Tattoo :: Portland, Oregon

Bryan Burk, Jeff Cribb, Josh Arment. All dudes that were interviewed, that are pretty versatile. Bryan Bruno kills shit, as does Mike Rennie both at Absolute Art. Timothy Hoyer, Clay Decker, Brandon Munday, Paco Excel, Jeff Zuck. Fuck there are too many to name, but I still think Mike Wilson is my favourite all around tattooer.