Favorite Movies for Tattooers and Tattoo Customers

Lochlan

Petri will do just fine. Sound too formal when you use my full name and I am not old :D

And yeah, the face trough door in Shining IS a great tattoo subject, but like you said, why not the boy or mister Bush :p

Its just for me, what I have found out that usually when I love a movie, then the stuff I really would want to get tattooed is 75% of times not the poster or anything like that. It is some feeling, some pivotal part to ME. Of course all the things I mentioned from 2001 ARE the so called stock images, but shit, who says I am the cats pyjamas or some shit :)

In response to the post above, the original Death Race 2000 is classic. I would have to say it is Sylvester Stallone's greatest role :D.

Has anyone seen the Pusher trilogy? I have been totally obsessed with those lately for some reason; really cool crime movies (at least the first two) out of Denmark I believe.

I like watching action films like The Matrix, Lord of the Rings. I read the series before the films came out. It was really neat to see what I had read and imagined put on the big screen. Sad that they left out Tom Bombadil. I remember at the end of the first movie this girl about 15ish said to her friend what a stupid way to end a movie. Is that all there is to the story? I really enjoy and watch at least a few times at Christmas, National Lampoon's, Christmas Vacation. Cars was an awesome movie too. Oh and K-Pax was really neat too. Usually my wife and I will go to a movie if it looks really good, if it looks ok we might buy it on dvd / blue ray much cheeper than going to the movies.

Recently watch the original Oceans Eleven with the Rat Pack.

I tried watching (made it three episodes in) to the TV series The Prisoner (1967) but couldn't do it any more and removed from my que. A big James Bond and spy film fan but it was too slow for me and was like a spy show meeting Groundhogs Day. Anyone able to get into this show?

Brick, Green Street Hooligans, and Empire Records are some of my all time favourites.

I have really been exploring the foreign film section of my netflix and i have been very pleasantly surprised! Troubled Water (Norwegian triller), Tale of Two Sisters (Korean horror) and Let the Rigth One In (Swedish vampire movie) and they have all blown me away!

Kyle, just added Once Were Warriors to my que thanks. As for Layer Cake, I own it I like it that much!

Unlikeyourown (What's your "real" name again?), we watched Green St. Hooligans again the other night. Have you seen the second one? it's in my que. It is crazy that guy is the same one from Sons of Anarchy. You ever read the book Among the Thugs?

Yeah i dig putting on movies in the shop....but i mute them and slap the captions on and put some music on...it just makes everything feel more active in here you know?...I dont know...

Movies I like to put on are Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, FREAKS, The Warriors, Scarface, and so on...violence and weird imagery really comes thru very well even with the volume turned down...and yeah i forgot who said it but it keeps the client occupied while im trying to work. Some clients tend to get out of the position i need them to be in everytime the needle stops to look at what ive done on them, even tho its only a couple of lines and it drives me quietly insane when they do that. hahaha 2 thumbs up for movies in the shop.

Javi, you ever read Dave Courtney's books? He is a great read and many of Guy Ritchie's films and characters are based off of his tales and adventures from what I understand ( :) ). Rancid also wrote the song "Dave Courtney" on Indestructible if you want a quick snapshot on him. I highly suggest reading Dave Courtney!

OH wow, that sounds rad Lochlan! I'm not much of a reader but i'll check that out for sure...i like alot of those character man! Shady as fuck! haha

I thought they were quick reads and often read them when covering door shifts as they were not only fitting but fit in my pockets and could easily be stopped and picked back up when needed

I thought they were quick reads and often read them when covering door shifts as they were not only fitting but fit in my pockets and could easily be stopped and picked back up when needed

Lochlan i got the equivalent of a psychology degree courtesy of many years of door work .Check out The Rise of the Footsoldier ;it's a true story and another British badboy

Lochlan i got the equivalent of a psychology degree courtesy of many years of door work .Check out The Rise of the Footsoldier ;it's a true story and another British badboy

haha, yes the door teaches patience like no other and you often see all sorts of madness. Those days are remembered but not missed. Thanks for the lead I just added it to my que.

Watched Rise of the Foot Soldier the other night on Netflix Instant and strongly suggest it. Thanks for the lead. I was trying to pick up on where this story and Dave Courtney stories over lapped and think I found a few.

Also last night we watched Hot Tub Time Machine and it was way funnier than expected.

i worked at inksmith and rodgers and those fucks watch tv...mike said thats how he knew how long it took by how many shows were on. i however kept looking at the tv while i tattooed. not the greatest idea, im sure its good for the customers but i think my full attention is more important for them.i have the big butt book in my station which i fully recomend to any one and i meeeen anyone this should be considered religous text. anyways when my customers look at it i cant stop looking over their shoulders. we listen to music which we all fight about cuz honestly we are assholes with voices.

has any one watched that movie bronson? fucking awsome sort clock work orange meets fight club. awesome