• 1 month later...

@reverend1 how's the dragon with Kore coming along? I think I remember seeing that you were heading back in Nov, has that second sitting happened?

I have 2 days booked with him at the end of Jan for a black and grey dragon. I saw the start of yours and it looks great!

Sucks I had to wait so long, was in contact with him back in early Sep but getting time of work sucks. Not looking forward to the 7 hour drive down to cinci.

@reverend1 how's the dragon with Kore coming along? I think I remember seeing that you were heading back in Nov, has that second sitting happened?

I have 2 days booked with him at the end of Jan for a black and grey dragon. I saw the start of yours and it looks great!

Sucks I had to wait so long, was in contact with him back in early Sep but getting time of work sucks. Not looking forward to the 7 hour drive down to cinci.

Im heading down on the 14th of December to finish it up. I cant wait to get it done. My wife is having some work done by Brenda at the same time so it took until December for them both to have an opening on the same day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hands down for the artist who done this.

- - - Updated - - -

hgiles knows what is up. Another good one below. The reds on it are really vibrant even in person.

red_dragon.jpg

keep posting please. eye pleaser!

- - - Updated - - -

hgiles knows what is up. Another good one below. The reds on it are really vibrant even in person.

red_dragon.jpg

keep posting please. eye pleaser!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for some medieval/battling dragon images, If anyone knows of any specifically involving knights or something along them lines, Like castles too? I'm sure theres a dragon expert here who could point me in a direction.

(Please dont just link me to some random fantasy images, Tattoos preferably, so I know if its do'able :)

-Thanks

I'm looking for some medieval/battling dragon images, If anyone knows of any specifically involving knights or something along them lines, Like castles too? I'm sure theres a dragon expert here who could point me in a direction.

(Please dont just link me to some random fantasy images, Tattoos preferably, so I know if its do'able :)

-Thanks

Look at 1980s flash.

-Thanks

Mike Rubendall: Dragon and Spartans

also try searching for "western dragon tattoos"

Look at 1980s flash.

You might have to elaborate, My mind went straight to Flash Gordon.

- - - Updated - - -

The concepts right for my theme I want, but I'm not digging the Japanese-Spartan crossover. It's a nice piece though.

- - - Updated - - -

fantasy-dragon-dragon-vs-knight-wallpaper.jpg

http://wallpapertube.com/fantasy/fantasy-dragon-dragon-vs-knight-wallpaper

Something similar to that, but more detailed and brighter. I'm trying to get a body of examples of dragons first before I move onto the Knight part.

@Kevbazz Flash are the sheets of designs hanging on the walls of tattoo shops. I feel that you see a lot of medieval-style stuff on sheets from the 80s. Greg Irons did some cool dragons. Bill Baker's flash from that era has plenty of things in that vein. Go to a shop that's been around a good while and flip through their flash racks and you'll likely find all sorts of good stuff. I'm not saying that you need to pick something off the wall and get it as-is, but these are all designs that have been drawn specifically to work as tattoos so I would suggest at least using them as inspiration.

@Kevbazz what about this example by Josh Mcalear at Redemption Tattoo Josh Mcalear: Dragon and Knight

Now thats more like it! That looks awesome

- - - Updated - - -

@Kevbazz Flash are the sheets of designs hanging on the walls of tattoo shops. I feel that you see a lot of medieval-style stuff on sheets from the 80s. Greg Irons did some cool dragons. Bill Baker's flash from that era has plenty of things in that vein. Go to a shop that's been around a good while and flip through their flash racks and you'll likely find all sorts of good stuff. I'm not saying that you need to pick something off the wall and get it as-is, but these are all designs that have been drawn specifically to work as tattoos so I would suggest at least using them as inspiration.

Thanks for educating me, I didnt realise thats what theyre called. I think theres a few old parlors in my area but most are the more modern shops. I used to go to one in Liverpool that was very old, but their building got knocked down :/

Thanks for the advice mate.