I found this thread after becoming concerned about waiting to touch up my 10 month old tattoo. I am worried that the new ink won't blend in with the old color the longer I wait. I am trying to get it done as soon as I can but things are tough right now and beyond my control. Is this a valid concern or am I overthinking things, too?
Tattooist's personalities vary just like the regular population, so how they might react is more known to you than us, assuming you've already had a personal consultation.
More than 9 times out of 10 you're drawing isn't even started 3 weeks in advance.
Go and visit the artist, if it's feasible - and express the above. E-mail should be a workable option, too.