Any metalheads out there?

slayer9019

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This shit's great! Draiman's (from Disturbed) new solo project. Video is trippy as hell too. I'm pumped for the new Device record.

Always love me some Killswitch too. Glad to see Jessie is back with the band. I'm really stoked for their new record as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Bummed to be missing ABSU this weekend but I have another sitting on my arm in a little over a week so money is too tight right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Bummed to be missing ABSU this weekend but I have another sitting on my arm in a little over a week so money is too tight right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn ABSU was playing by you? I remember when I saw them in Brooklyn last year they blew up the PAs at the venue. F'in metal

Damn ABSU was playing by you? I remember when I saw them in Brooklyn last year they blew up the PAs at the venue. F'in metal

They're playing tomorrow night I think. I caught them about a year and a half ago and they were so good. In between them leaving the stage and them coming back for an encore a girl projectile vomited from a balcony overlooking the stage right onto Proscriptor's cymbals. He was playing with vomit splashing around whenever he hit them. So brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

Total "old school" thrash, speed and death metal head here.

Edit: My 3 favorite bands are: F-IN SLAYER, Pantera, Deicide.

I might be older than some of you on this thread...or maybe not, but, I can't seem to find any newer metal that touches the 80's and early 90's metal. Real metal not hair bands.

Great thread dude.

Sue \m/

Edited by Slaytanic213
forgot to add my 3 fav bands of all time

Total "old school" thrash, speed and death metal head here.

Edit: My 3 favorite bands are: F-IN SLAYER, Pantera, Deicide.

I might be older than some of you on this thread...or maybe not, but, I can't seem to find any newer metal that touches the 80's and early 90's metal. Real metal not hair bands.

Great thread dude.

Sue \m/

Try out a band called Holy Grail. They are an outfit from NorCal I believe. They have a pretty cool thrash style but are newer and updated. They just released a new album.

Awesome! I'll have to check 'em out! Thanks for the recommendation. Since the mid-90's I've had a hard time finding new metal that I dig. I think Killswitch was the last newer "metal-type" band I enjoyed and that was a long time ago. :)

Sue \m/

Im not exactly sure what your taste is...but if you like a little Euro metal influence try:

Children of Bodom

Opeth I CAN NOT RECOMMEND THESE GUYS ENOUGH! SOOOO GOOD

In Flames

Heaven Shall Burn

Hammerfall

Cradle of Filth(maybe? people tend to love or hate them)

I'm a big fan of Scandanavian influence on metal....also, I tend to find a lot of that more complex and technically adept than the NA counterparts. Some really good metal comes out of Finland/Norway/Denmark/Sweden...the stuff I like has a more "Death Metal" vibe.