Any metalheads out there?

slayer9019

You sir are my hero! I wish I could have seen both of them in their prime.

Just old, my man! Saw the Doors at the Whiskey, Airplane at the Opera House when they turned into Starship, Lou Reed at the Brawlroom during the Rock-n-Roll Animal tour, burned one off with Bowie behind the Ampitheater during his "Thin White Duke" tour, hung-out at Theresa's at 47th & State an saw Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Junior Wells, all of them, shared tables n drinks with Albert Collins, Otis Rush...too many to name. Us racists, ya know?!

But it's been a party.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh hi guys!

@rozone @eisen777 Are either of you planning on going to the Messe des Morts festival in Montreal this year? I went to the show ABSU headlined at last year and it was great...I'm planning on going at least one of the nights this year, I'll have to see about work schedules and such though.

This is the first I'm hearing of this festival actually, but it looks awesome!

If I'm in town that weekend I'll be trying to make it out at least one of the nights for sure.

Probably similar to @Dan S I'm a little older so I have basically no idea who most of the bands mentioned in this thread are. I grew up listening to metal bands such as Zeppelin, AC/DC, Sabbath, Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, Nugent and stuff like that. I've seen all of those bands (except Zep) live many times as well as old Kiss, Aerosmith, Twisted Sister, etc. I'm old school and still listen to my classic rock/metal CD's. I've had a long time obsession with Ted Nugent and have seen his amazing live show many times, there's nothing like seeing a crazy dude swinging from a rope and shooting flaming arrows on stage. I really can't get into the newer metal at all, mainly due to the horrible vocals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...