Any metalheads out there?

slayer9019

you crazy. how the hell have you never listened to converge? converge will go down as one of the most influential and biggest metal/hardcore, punk bands of our generation.

I guess I must be crazy then. Just never got into them. I am not sure how. Regardless though...I need to listen to their album at home on my stereo. Both times I heard it I was at work with the shitty stereo. I'll update my feelings on how they sound afterwards...

New Converge is pretty good. That's coming from someone who has yet to enjoy any converge since You Fail Me.

The last Converge album I heard until the new one was When Forever Comes Crashing. Then His Hero Is Gone broke up and I decided that hardcore punk had nothing left to offer. I stand by that but the new Converge is good.

The last Converge album I heard until the new one was When Forever Comes Crashing. Then His Hero Is Gone broke up and I decided that hardcore punk had nothing left to offer. I stand by that but the new Converge is good.

Hardcore died again for me when American Nightmare got back together.

- - - Updated - - -

Hardcore died again for me when American Nightmare got back together.

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BkhtJM8CqE

The slow part is slower, heavier, and doomier than on record, and the fast part is just crushing. I don't think I really appreciated Bill Ward enough until I saw the video of this show. I have a bootleg DVD of this show but it's all up on YouTube. Really one of the greatest bands of all time.

The new Parkway album is decent... I am let down by the progression towards a more radio friendly format though. Their first two albums are still my favorite metal albums right now. The first two are the ones Adam D produced and that is part of th reason they are so good. They are more raw, more emotional, more powerful than Deep Blue and Atlas. The last two albums are basically some radio friendly breakdowns and such. I still like the last two albums, just wish they were getting heavier and harder, not lighter...

The new Parkway album is decent... I am let down by the progression towards a more radio friendly format though. Their first two albums are still my favorite metal albums right now. The first two are the ones Adam D produced and that is part of th reason they are so good. They are more raw, more emotional, more powerful than Deep Blue and Atlas. The last two albums are basically some radio friendly breakdowns and such. I still like the last two albums, just wish they were getting heavier and harder, not lighter...

Well, I agree, I like "Don't close your eyes" the best. But Atlas is still a heavy album. Just in another way Horizons and don't close your eyes are...