Any metalheads out there?

slayer9019

I just found this band...I'm not 100% sure yet

I love Portal. I think they're the best tech-death band since Gorguts. Shit is ridiculously technical--look at those fingers scrubbing those fretboards--but they're using that technicality to create a real sense of discomfort and unease instead of just being showoff wankers. They're a difficult listen though, certainly not something I want to listen to everyday.

I love Portal. I think they're the best tech-death band since Gorguts. Shit is ridiculously technical--look at those fingers scrubbing those fretboards--but they're using that technicality to create a real sense of discomfort and unease instead of just being showoff wankers. They're a difficult listen though, certainly not something I want to listen to everyday.

Yea I can agree you have to be in the mood to listen to them (or similar). I'm very much warming up to them, but haven't been much in the mood for the technial stuff at the moment. It's been all Swedish Melodic Black metal and thrash!

Saw Black Sabbath play their only London show last night with Uncle Acid as the opening act , all the old favourites came out (with the exception of Bill of course ) and for me the highlights were the rendition of " Black Sabbath " and Iommi in fine form .

Getting home after the show was suitably metal as London was engulfed in the worst fog I've ever seen which caused our river ferry to crash forcing us to disembark the vessel and subsequently miss the last train - proper Doom ha ha .

Saw Black Sabbath play their only London show last night with Uncle Acid as the opening act , all the old favourites came out (with the exception of Bill of course ) and for me the highlights were the rendition of " Black Sabbath " and Iommi in fine form .

Getting home after the show was suitably metal as London was engulfed in the worst fog I've ever seen which caused our river ferry to crash forcing us to disembark the vessel and subsequently miss the last train - proper Doom ha ha .

I am really on the fence about getting tickets to see them when they play here. On the one hand it is BLACK SABBATH but on the other hand it will be 2014. I wish I had a fuckin' time machine.

I am really on the fence about getting tickets to see them when they play here. On the one hand it is BLACK SABBATH but on the other hand it will be 2014. I wish I had a fuckin' time machine.

Have you ever seen them live? I saw them in the late 90's or early 2000's with God Smack.. For me it was just one of those shows I had to see simply because I may never get another chance..

I'd say go if you've never seen them for sure.. If you've seen them, I'd prolly let it pass. I won't make any real effort to see them again unless tix are free or something.

I haven't ever seen them live, and if tickets weren't starting at around $75 for seats up in the rafters (and also if I wasn't saving my money for a backpiece), I would be all over it. Maybe.

Fenriz said in an interview once that for him, and I'm paraphrasing here and probably getting it entirely wrong, music is a relationship between him and his speakers or headphones and isn't about the live experience of music, and I kind of feel that way about Sabbath. Is seeing them in an arena with thousands of other people what Sabbath is to me? I would kind of rather watch my bootleg Sabbath live in Paris 1970 DVD.

I wouldn't be saying this if tickets weren't what I feel to be unreasonably expensive.

I haven't ever seen them live' date=' and if tickets weren't starting at around $75 for seats up in the rafters (and also if I wasn't saving my money for a backpiece), I would be all over it. Maybe. Fenriz said in an interview once that for him, and I'm paraphrasing here and probably getting it entirely wrong, music is a relationship between him and his speakers or headphones and isn't about the live experience of music, and I kind of feel that way about Sabbath. Is seeing them in an arena with thousands of other people what Sabbath is to me? I would kind of rather watch my bootleg Sabbath live in Paris 1970 DVD. I wouldn't be saying this if tickets weren't what I feel to be unreasonably expensive.[/quote']

I saw them in a kinda small amphitheater.

I can see what you're getting at, having worked two summers at that same amphitheater in the early 90's I've seen more then I cared for and going to see big bands is a turn of for the reasons you stated nowadays..

I missed Pantera on their last tour that came to NC way back and hate I missed it.

I do go out regularly and support local music though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...