Any metalheads out there?

slayer9019

• 2 weeks later...

Mgla ended up having immigration troubles and couldn't get into the country which is a shame because I wanted to see them. They're supposed to be back in March though. Black Witchery was really good.

Kind of bummed I missed Revenge on Friday night but I'm too old to go to shows after working a twelve hour shift when I have to be back at work in the morning. I need to sleep sometime and shit.

off to see OM tonight. Should be excellent.

I was pretty disappointed with OM when I saw them last week. They played, in my opinion, a bad venue for heavy music because they can't seem to do sound well for metal bands. OM was reduced to a distorted low end rumble. Hope it's better for you. Dan Higgs was really fantastic though.

@JAllen , "Vocal Test" off Humanity is one of the best album openers in my opinion.

I still can't stop listening to this after years.

Totally agree, that album has so much aggression and was really extreme for a hardcore band. It was like slayer. Plus its got a pushead album cover and it had the robert degrimston (sp) tract in it. That was my first exposure to him. I keep remembering reading it, saying "this is the absolute truth"

@JAllenTrouble rule!! and river runs red is classic.

For me I just got the obsessed s/t 7inch reissue and I love it. Sodden Jakel is one of my favorite obsessed songs.

The Obsessed may be a full band reunited band again...I never saw them live so Im just excited one of my favorite bands I may get to see.

Got a copy from southern lord ages ago....its very cool. I too am a big wino fan. Even the albums i dont like as much as others I still enjoy.

Same here, he's probably one of the hardest working dudes. Always got something in the works. I was pretty pumped to find a hidden hand album I didn't have used and then to notice they covered "outside looking in" probably my favorite grand funk song.

sorry if this has already been discussed in here, but how amazing is the new converge album?

I had never listened to Converge until the new album...after listening to the whole thing a few times last week, I am not impressed at all. It seems pretty weak to me. It's pretty crappy metalcor-ish stuff.....ugh.

Although I may not like it, I would love to hear why other people like it and if any of their other albums are better???

I had never listened to Converge until the new album...after listening to the whole thing a few times last week, I am not impressed at all. It seems pretty weak to me. It's pretty crappy metalcor-ish stuff.....ugh.

Although I may not like it, I would love to hear why other people like it and if any of their other albums are better???

you crazy. how the hell have you never listened to converge? converge will go down as one of the most influential and biggest metal/hardcore, punk bands of our generation.