Lightest Handed Tattooer

jade1955

There have been a few posts on this forum discussing the subject of pain when getting tattooed. Most painful spot to get tattooed, least painful etc. Which tattooer is the most heavy handed.

So who do you consider the most light handed tattooer?

For me it has to be Daniel Albrigo. He tattooed a Cosmic Skull on my midriff, last year.

I could almost describe it as pain free.

So who would you consider the gentlest tattooer to have tattooed you?

There have been a few posts on this forum discussing the subject of pain when getting tattooed. Most painful spot to get tattooed, least painful etc. Which tattooer is the most heavy handed.

So who do you consider the most light handed tattooer?

For me it has to be Daniel Albrigo. He tattooed a Cosmic Skull on my midriff, last year.

I could almost describe it as pain free.

So who would you consider the gentlest tattooer to have tattooed you?

While heavy handness sucks I still would go to the artist that will put out the quality and style that I want. But if all else was equal yea lighter

While heavy handness sucks I still would go to the artist that will put out the quality and style that I want. But if all else was equal yea lighter

I agree. It would never influence my choice of artist.

If the tattooer happens to be a bit heavy handed you just have to put up with it.

I don't think I've ever had an almost painless tattoo but Todd Noble I found fairly light as well as Valerie Vargas. Although both tattoos were in easy spots (the side of my left calf and my upper left arm respectively) which may have made a difference. But like you've both said, if someone is heavy handed it doesn't bother me. I want a good tattoo and that means sitting no matter what's going on

I had the back of my forearm done by Stewart Robson and it didn't hurt that badly. He also did my back and that wasn't a bad sitting as well. I was finishing my sleeve by Clark North at the time my forearm was done and there was a HUGE difference. Clark has a heavy hand, he even jokes about it.

@Reyeslv Yes Stewart's got quite a light hand.

I always look forward to being tattooed by @Stewart Robson. Nice & steady.

Not long to your tattoo now. Next month, isn't it?

Yes sir it is!!! I have 3 straight days booked with him. We discuss going as long as 6-8 hours each session.... Looking forward to seeing the progress that's made!

I got some ghost flames near my armpit from Horimasa of the Horitoshi family. He hand-shaded it (tebori), and believe it or not, I barely felt it. I asked my wife if he was putting in color. She couldn't believe I had to ask her.

th_Tattoo009.jpg

I'd also like to nominate not Chris Treviño as the lightest handed tattooer.

holy shit really? My inner bicep was the worst place I have ever tattooed. I actually saw stars near the armpit.

There is such a thing as a Light handed tattooer? I always thought it was a myth, like Bigfoot or the abimondible snow man.

Actually there was one guy who tattooed me with quite a light hand, but it took him 6 hours to do a 2 hour tattoo (of course he charged by the hour), so by the end I think it hurt just as bad as any other tattoo session.

There is such a thing as a Light handed tattooer? I always thought it was a myth, like Bigfoot or the abimondible snow man.

Actually there was one guy who tattooed me with quite a light hand, but it took him 6 hours to do a 2 hour tattoo (of course he charged by the hour), so by the end I think it hurt just as bad as any other tattoo session.

Some of my tattoo, consists of dotwork. So I think that’s generally a bit easier. The rest of the tattoo was really easy. I did comment how gentle he was. He said it wasn't a conscious thing on his part, its just the way he tattoos.

6 hours to do a 2 hour tattoo charged by the hour? Now that is painful.

Some of my tattoo, consists of dotwork. So I think that’s generally a bit easier. The rest of the tattoo was really easy. I did comment how gentle he was. He said it wasn't a conscious thing on his part, its just the way he tattoos.

6 hours to do a 2 hour tattoo charged by the hour? Now that is painful.

Yeah the 6 hour time slot was supposed to be for 2 people to get tattooed, but my friend ended up having to get tattooed by another guy at the shop, and got a way cooler tattoo in my opinion. It was actually more than 6 hours as he didn't finish and had another appointment, so I came back and had about 30-45 mins more done a month later. But that's how it goes sometimes, I suppose. i mean i have gotten more than my share of good prices when it comes to tattoos.

@hogg A while ago I was talking to a tattooer who had recently been tattooed with a tebori. He said some of the tattoo was excruciatingly painful while other bits were virtually painless. Very nice tattoo, by the way.

Thanks! I was (and am) super stoked on it. I'll have to post a healed pic now that it's 5 years old--still looks great.

I've also had tebori from Horitomo, but that was a very different affair. He uses a much longer instrument and it definitely felt like more than just a little pressure.

Ezra Haidet and Cris Cleen. Although I've never been tattooed by him, I watched Joey Ortega tattoo a flower on my girl's hip and she was fine. This is a girl with hardly ANY pain tolerance, so he's got to be a light touch ;)

• 4 weeks later...