Smith Street Tattoo

Reyeslv

So I am in NYC the first week of April. I am hoping to go to Smith Street as a walk-in. Has anyone experianced success walking in there? Not going for something big, I has some space on my arm for a smallish piece.

I walked in there and got tattooed right away, but that was almost three years ago. If it isn't working out you could head over to Bert's shop, Top Shelf, in Queens.

I'll be in New York the first week in April too. My partner and I both booked appointments at Smith Street. I just booked last weekend and they had lots of options for appointments available.

That's awesome! Did you pick design and artist?

I really want to try walking in.... I know I can call and make an appointment, I have deep ties in NY so I will be back there and can make an appointment. I want to go in and ask for a skull and cross bones on my left elbow and see if I can get it done.....

That's awesome! Did you pick design and artist?

I really want to try walking in.... I know I can call and make an appointment, I have deep ties in NY so I will be back there and can make an appointment. I want to go in and ask for a skull and cross bones on my left elbow and see if I can get it done.....

I know what you mean about just wanting to walk in and get something done. This will be our first trip to NY, so we made appointments to make sure we didn't miss out. I'm getting an eagle by Steve. My partner is getting a couple of smallish filler pieces on her arms by Bert...maybe a rose and a small eagle. Our appointments are on different days and I think we're both tempted to get more done if any of the tattooers there have time while we are waiting for each other to get tattooed.

I know what you mean about just wanting to walk in and get something done. This will be our first trip to NY, so we made appointments to make sure we didn't miss out. I'm getting an eagle by Steve. My partner is getting a couple of smallish filler pieces on her arms by Bert...maybe a rose and a small eagle. Our appointments are on different days and I think we're both tempted to get more done if any of the tattooers there have time while we are waiting for each other to get tattooed.

That's awesome! I'm going to hit there on friday the 6th. Figured I'd get there right when they open and see what happens! Enjoy your time in NY and you Smith Street experience....

Guest Rando

Walked in at Smith St yesterday afternoon. Got tattooed by Josh Mason, who was visiting. Great experience. Seems like the earlier the better for walking in. Things started to get really busy after I came in.

Walked in at Smith St yesterday afternoon. Got tattooed by Josh Mason, who was visiting. Great experience. Seems like the earlier the better for walking in. Things started to get really busy after I came in.

That's great information! THANKS

I was over there in late january/early feb this year, walked in at about 1 on a weekday and got a butterfly from Dan pretty much straight away, I think I was pretty lucky to get straight in though. Then about a week later went in at around 5 wanting something from Bert or Steve but had no luck, they told me to call the next day at around 1 to check if Bert was free then, he was and half an hour later I was getting a panther head from him.

So yeah, theres a good chance you can walk in, the earlier you go the better, something around palm size or smaller and they should be able to fit you in

I was over there in late january/early feb this year, walked in at about 1 on a weekday and got a butterfly from Dan pretty much straight away, I think I was pretty lucky to get straight in though. Then about a week later went in at around 5 wanting something from Bert or Steve but had no luck, they told me to call the next day at around 1 to check if Bert was free then, he was and half an hour later I was getting a panther head from him.

So yeah, theres a good chance you can walk in, the earlier you go the better, something around palm size or smaller and they should be able to fit you in

Thanks for the advice! That's the plan, be there when they open and what I want is palm sized....

• 3 weeks later...
So I showed up at 12:00 and was hoping to be able to walk-in. Unfortunately I need to get to the airport by 5pm and that's when they were free. Too bad, I'll be back in June.

that sucks, but it's probably hard to be bummed with your back lookin like it does at the moment.

So I showed up at 12:00 and was hoping to be able to walk-in. Unfortunately I need to get to the airport by 5pm and that's when they were free. Too bad, I'll be back in June.

Thats a shame.

@jade1955 is in New York beginning of June and I know he wants something at Smith St. He wanted a walk in as well. I will suggest to make an appointment.

I was at Smith Street Tuesday and Wednesday (with appointments), but I saw people get walk ins both days. You just have to be willing to hang out for a while. On Tuesday there was a guy who got there before 12:30 and it was around 2:00 before he got tattooed. I'm glad we had appointments, but I can see how it would be a cool experience to walk in and see who has time.

Thats a shame.

@jade1955 is in New York beginning of June and I know he wants something at Smith St. He wanted a walk in as well. I will suggest to make an appointment.

Oh wow!! I will be there around the week of the 9th. That would be great if I ended up there at the same time!

I was at Smith Street Tuesday and Wednesday (with appointments), but I saw people get walk ins both days. You just have to be willing to hang out for a while. On Tuesday there was a guy who got there before 12:30 and it was around 2:00 before he got tattooed. I'm glad we had appointments, but I can see how it would be a cool experience to walk in and see who has time.

Yeah, Eli and Steve were both very nice and apologized for not being able. Win some lose some....