Cancellation Lists - Who uses 'em?

Lizzie

We have a pretty organized cancellation list at the shop. We don't have tens upon hundreds of walk-ins in a day, 2 at best, and everything else is on appointment; therefore, the cancellation list was built out of necessity to keep people working and on their toes when a no-show or cancellation pops up.

Not to mention that people hate waiting for appointments and so to make up for that we are always calling people to fill in spots and avoid appointments like that where necessary.

The problem is that it's become almost useless: We statistically can call every person on that list and offer spots - and of course to those people who said they'd drop anything to come in - and they're NEVER available. It becomes a waste of money having my counter staff calling around to hear people incredulously tell them they have to work - as though we are insane for even suggesting they might want this last minute opportunity.

Is this the same everywhere? I'm curious if we are just on a year long run of sketch bags!!!!

Don't mention the cancellation list. Make it for those dozen or so who are really committed! Also, when I saw the title of this post I thought it was about blacklisting names.. which I think is also a good idea. If you're a no-show more than a couple times, extra flaky or obviously having drug time in the bathroom, you get blacklisted. Like at Hop Sing's.

Don't mention the cancellation list. Make it for those dozen or so who are really committed! Also, when I saw the title of this post I thought it was about blacklisting names.. which I think is also a good idea. If you're a no-show more than a couple times, extra flaky or obviously having drug time in the bathroom, you get blacklisted. Like at Hop Sing's.

Agreed. I know lots of people that have benefitted like Hogg from wait list but these people will show when called which is why the above makes it happen from what I've been told and witnessed.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I rely on only my very best and favorite of clients to fill those sorts of spots. My guys manage their own cancellation lists, and I can also say I strongly support a blacklist. If someone no calls no shows once we have to talk about etiquette. If it happens again I charge an additional non refundable deposit, any more than that and I wont tattoo the client. It isn't fair to waste peoples time...I think clients shrug if off like it is no big deal. But it is a big deal, if I can at least get a heads up perhaps I can fill a slot with another client or maybe grab a walk in.

I wish there was such a thing were I go. I have cancelled a total of one time (actually for this weekend) only because I currently have the flu. From what I've heard people cancel all the time. I would love to be able to just hop down if given a few hours notice! Scheduling can suck sometimes if there is a gap.

I wish there was such a thing were I go. I have cancelled a total of one time (actually for this weekend) only because I currently have the flu. From what I've heard people cancel all the time. I would love to be able to just hop down if given a few hours notice! Scheduling can suck sometimes if there is a gap.

I was all set for a shoulder blade tattoo this past spring, then I got cut across the area while replacing a a fence. Got hooked by a big nail and got an ugly as hell scratch across the area. And only 1 day of notice, I felt bad.

Rob

I used to be a shop manager in a shop, and I kept one. A lot of people would mention when they booked their appointment, that they had a lot of time off and would love to get in earlier, so I'd write them up. But yeah, quite often people couldn't make it because of a variety of reasons. We had a blacklist as well, no-shows ended up there pretty quickly if we didn't hear from them etc. We had a no-tolerance policy, any sign of being under the influence and you were out.

I ended up being 30mins late for an appointment once, being on the other side of the globe, my phone didn't work, I had no idea where I was going and ended up in the wrong city... Haha, I've never been so scared to walk into a shop before. Thank god the artists understood that little blonde girls on the wrong side of the globe get lost... Where I worked, if a client didn't show up on time, they lost their appointment within 15mins if they didn't call.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...