Intro: Tattooer, painter from PA

Abellve

Hello. I am a tattoo artist and (sometimes) painter. I've been tattooing for eleven years, having served a traditional apprenticeship under Buffalo Bill Tarr -- back when it still meant long hours, making my own needles (and his) and cleaning the shop, etc.

I work in a busy, quality street shop while still being afforded the opportunity to do custom work. I do everything from stripped down, traditional tattoos to large scale, freehand Japanese-influenced work and portraits...and all the little bread-and-butter pieces that keep a street shop going.

I was enamored with the craft and its history before I started and long before this recent resurgence and kind of feel like I got in right before it all changed. I'm not crazy about what tattooing has become to the majority but am still in love with what it means to the core group of us still connected to its roots. I try to contribute to it every day, largely by keeping my mouth shut and my hands busy.

A. Bellve

A. Bellve

Totem Tattoo Studios | Facebook

Thanks for the welcome, guys and the comments on my bike. I look forward to contributing And just hanging around, and have already found that some of the great talent represented here has lit a fire. I'll build up a gallery as soon as the shop computer comes in. Right now I'm on an iPad, not very conducive to uploading.