Chest/Torso Tattoos

Jack

Hey all,

I just joined and started flicking about thoroughly enjoying this thread only to come across this guy here! I live in melbourne and the guy with the chad koeplinger in Rough Operators post is my good friend who I was drinking a beer with only hours ago.

This piece looks amazing now that its fully coloured and complete, I'll see if I can find a photo somewhere!

Small world, great thread!

Here's a sizzler from El Bara, from Madrid.

52480d35d0944el_bara-240913-sqm-tattoo-016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all,

I just joined and started flicking about thoroughly enjoying this thread only to come across this guy here! I live in melbourne and the guy with the chad koeplinger in Rough Operators post is my good friend who I was drinking a beer with only hours ago.

This piece looks amazing now that its fully coloured and complete, I'll see if I can find a photo somewhere!

Please please please post a picture of the finished result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Has anyone gotten their ribs done first, then done a torso piece, or vice-versa, and regretted that order because of the narrower amount of space to work with? I'm planning on going this route (ribs then torso), but I'm not sure. Anyone have any input?

nO regrets with tattoos!

i did chest and both ribs first. i decided to go this route so i could tile the background underneath the ribs. which would have made sense if i went with a japanese motif full tiger but instead i opted for a neo-trad tiger head. the narrow space did limit placement. i.e. a little too narrow to line up the mouth with the belly button and make the rest of the cat head fit within. my tummy tiger ended up sitting low and goes below the belt line (no biker bodysuit ha). the tiger head ended up smaller than I had originally envisioned but overall I love it and think it's size compliments my physique and does not overshadow my chest bird. in the end I am quite happy with how the layout of my torso tattoos ended up. i like the space and think that i got a pretty unique end result. <pics in my gallery> and now that the big placeholders are done my plan is to tighten up, add contrast and darken the background neck-to-crotch to coalesce it all as it is several artists who have contributed to this bizarre vision I had/have for my front tattoos. someone once told me i looked like the backboard on a pinball machine (which makes me a laugh, take it as a compliment)!

on the flip side, if you go tummy first you might limit space for placement of chest and sides. so it's all relative, really. just go with the flow and let the plan develop as you make progress.

nO reGretssss!!!

• 2 weeks later...

- - - Updated - - -

my side/hip/stomach piece really really hurt a lot !

have fun ! LOL

I cant think of a worse place to get tattooed to be honest , but once its done its done and there's nothing more badass than an awesome stomach tattoo in my mind at the moment . im thinking lotsa 2 hour sessions lol....

- - - Updated - - -

I cant think of a worse place to get tattooed to be honest , but once its done its done and there's nothing more badass than an awesome stomach tattoo in my mind at the moment . im thinking lotsa 2 hour sessions lol....

The only problem with a stomach tattoo is what happens when you gain weight. I saw a guy who's Tibetan skull looked like a chipmunk.

The only problem with a stomach tattoo is what happens when you gain weight. I saw a guy who's Tibetan skull looked like a chipmunk.

I've been worried about exactly this. I've put on a ton of weight in the last year. I am worried about getting my stomach tattooed because I'm concerned whatever I get will get stretched and distorted. And what happens to a stomach tattoo when you lose weight?

I've been worried about exactly this. I've put on a ton of weight in the last year. I am worried about getting my stomach tattooed because I'm concerned whatever I get will get stretched and distorted. And what happens to a stomach tattoo when you lose weight?

I'm not sure what happens when you lose weight. If I get a stomach tattoo I'm getting the Pillsbury Dough Boy, that way it will always look right!

• 2 weeks later...

nice tat and also where it was place is good to :o nice area

- - - Updated - - -

I found this photo the other week, but forgot to put the artists name etc on the file before I saved it so if anyone knows so I can give credit please feel free to give the heads up!

I should also add it's most likely NSFW, but it does show that with some good placement, a young lady could easily get a bad ass Pharaoh's Horses ;)

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm here...

This was done recently by Dan Bursell at Westside Tattoo - Brisbane, QLD - Spa, Beauty & Personal Care | Facebook

This was the kids second tattoo. Doing it right and winning at life.

love the tits nice and ripe