Let's introduce the new social retard

Heliyon

I figured it's probably about time I delurked enough to introduce myself. I'm Kaila, from the Bay Area, 21, and a rather dedicated tattoo (and art) enthusiast. I love learning about the processes, seeing the art, and watching someone's tattoo become permanent. I have yet to get any, but that's mostly because I'm picky and would like to wait until I can be solid on what I want, and get an artist that I'm in awe of. Technically I'm a student, but I happen to be rather horrible at it.

I'm definitely looking forward to browsing around and looking at some more of the awesome threads.

Kaila,

Love your intro and honesty about selection, wish I had more people like yourself entering my shop. You seem more educated of common sense and are polar opposite the more common patron with the beliefs of "what? No stars with the fancy cursive of the word TRUST on my wrist?" type.

Glad you found this site and that you choose wisely and not shop for a tattoo like picking out or from the "Hot Topics" supplies of glass encrusted chrome plated crap. Your a minority among patrons of tattoo shops these days. This site has much of the most balanced of info and lends more to the greater good and "real" of tattooing. Your choosing to post proves here lends more cred to the site.

Welcome and to summerize the above, "Yer cool and help keep it real up in here!"

There are a ton of great tattooers in the bay area you are lucky. I would follow the advice of Blackheart for sure. In addition to Tim Lehi, I would check out Jeff Rassier's portfolio (also at Blackheart). Also in October the State of Grace Convention brings some of the top names from all around the world to San Francisco for a weekend, so in conclusion San Francisco is a great place to be if you want a tattoo.

Also in October the State of Grace Convention brings some of the top names from all around the world to San Francisco for a weekend

if you're in the bay area and you're into tattoos, this is a must. hell, if you're in CA or the entire west coast, or any neighboring states, you should probably make it a point to attend. it seriously has to be one of THE best conventions pound for pound, worldwide.

you're likely to find a few artists you'll be in awe of, if you surf this list of artists who atteneded last year...

San Jose Tattoo Convention - Artists

Yes. I'm incredibly lucky to live where I do. There are several amazing tattooists either in the area or not terribly far. Black Heart, Skull and Sword and Sacred Heart are all tattoo shops I plan on keeping a good eye on. Thank all of you for all the recs.

And yes, Tim Lehi is definitely one I'm taking a good look at.