LSTer Skateboarders

lving4today

Anyone on this forum skate? The lifting thread inspired me.

I skate on and off, but it's just like riding a bicycle. Never lose a trick no matter how long the hiatus is.

What's your biggest accomplishment skating?

I'd have to say mine is 360 flip and bs flipping an elongated 4 stair. Not shit, but a personal accomplishment for me

I longboard (downhill, slides) no trick skating for me!

No worries man, that's still fun as shit.

I'm the only one of my friends who skates anymore and that shit gets lonely. I don't think I'll ever be able to give it up for good, although rails and crazy shit are out of my reach now since I can't break bones or I can't lift fat ass patients

No worries man, that's still fun as shit.

I'm the only one of my friends who skates anymore and that shit gets lonely. I don't think I'll ever be able to give it up for good, although rails and crazy shit are out of my reach now since I can't break bones or I can't lift fat ass patients

Yea I never really enjoyed the "learning process" of trick skating, or easily said getting fucked up alot. Sliding is much safer (in terms of broken bones) and just as rewarding, plus it was my only means of transportation for my entire time living in Newark!

@Jake is a longboarder as well.

I still love to skate. I just got a mini in my yard recently so I hope when it's all finished and perfect I've find more time to skate so I can stop getting fatter sitting on my ass tattooing

I'm extremely jealous. Ive been wanting to build one for years. I'll forever be a street skater but there's something sorelaxing about flowing on a half pipe.

I took a 4 year hiatus and picked it back up a couple of years ago but I honestly think I'm way better now in terms of style and consistency. Im just nowhere near as ballsy. I need to learn some new shit already

Yea I never really enjoyed the "learning process" of trick skating, or easily said getting fucked up alot. Sliding is much safer (in terms of broken bones) and just as rewarding, plus it was my only means of transportation for my entire time living in Newark!

@Jake is a longboarder as well.

I understand I had the luck of starting young at like 10 (still remember the moment I ordered my first board from ccs)

But once the basic Ollie, kick and heel flips and 180s are down it becomes so much easier to combine them when you know exactly where to flick and shit.

My nephews getting old enough I'll finally get the honor to teach him. Stoked

Been skating since I was four though not as much these days.....favorite was pool, full pipe & drainage/runoff skating. Stories for days though some of the best may be incriminating. I am in the middle of a move and discovered some skate pictures recently may be I'll try and scan some in......

A story of one thats not incriminating....there was a big fire in the San Jose area many years ago so typical pool skaters we went looking for burned houses that had pools full we could empty or ones that were already empty. We stumbled upon this old man working outside and pulled over because it looked like he had a pool. Sure enough I approached him and the coolest old man was like if you want to finish emptying it feel free to skate. He and his wife had never seen anything like it so for a few months we had a private pool to skate where we just had to call him ahead of time and they'd serve us food whenever we swung by. It was just my friend and I then we'd take other friends there every now and then...if you have a Thrasher magazine the issue where Tony Trujillo won SOTY and he's skating a pool thats it

Been skating since I was four though not as much these days.....favorite was pool, full pipe & drainage/runoff skating. Stories for days though some of the best may be incriminating. I am in the middle of a move and discovered some skate pictures recently may be I'll try and scan some in......

A story of one thats not incriminating....there was a big fire in the San Jose area many years ago so typical pool skaters we went looking for burned houses that had pools full we could empty or ones that were already empty. We stumbled upon this old man working outside and pulled over because it looked like he had a pool. Sure enough I approached him and the coolest old man was like if you want to finish emptying it feel free to skate. He and his wife had never seen anything like it so for a few months we had a private pool to skate where we just had to call him ahead of time and they'd serve us food whenever we swung by. It was just my friend and I then we'd take other friends there every now and then...if you have a Thrasher magazine the issue where Tony Trujillo won SOTY and he's skating a pool thats it

Damn lochlan that's epic. I still have yet to skate a real pool, but would love to. You should def scan in some pictures

I'm 36 & still trying to keep the skateboarding going. Nowadays its mostly smaller mini ramps & ditches or cruising hills. I still try to skate street but I seemed to have lost the majority of my tricks (was never good at flip tricks) hopefully I'll get some of em back this summer. Honestly as long as my legs still work I wanna skate as long as I can whether its transition or skating to the liquor store on a cruiser board. Anyone have any skateboard related tattoos? I got the Powell winged ripper skull on my chest & another smaller skate & destroy one.

I'm 36 & still trying to keep the skateboarding going. Nowadays its mostly smaller mini ramps & ditches or cruising hills. I still try to skate street but I seemed to have lost the majority of my tricks (was never good at flip tricks) hopefully I'll get some of em back this summer. Honestly as long as my legs still work I wanna skate as long as I can whether its transition or skating to the liquor store on a cruiser board. Anyone have any skateboard related tattoos? I got the Powell winged ripper skull on my chest & another smaller skate & destroy one.

While I don't have any skateboard tattoos, I watched one get done. While getting my leg done at Rising Dragon, a guy came in with a longboard. I BSed with him for a bit about it. He ended up getting a on-the-spot tattoo of his board with the NYC skyline in it, and actually asked me if it look correct. Only skateboard-tattoo I've seen outside of stick-and-poke crap from when I was younger.

I've been wanting to but can't think of anything yet. My first board was a Jamie Thomas zero but I already have a lot of skulls on me, I need to switch it up

I've been skateboarding for a long time. This was my second tattoo. 94 or 95 I think. I asked the tattooer to put the image on my upper arm and he was kind enough to persuade me against it. He told me that it's best not get cartoony images on one's upper body. I couldn't be more grateful for his advice. I've been stoked again on the tattoo lately though. Maybe because Grosso is killing it. I got a chance to show it to him in New York a while ago too. I was totally fanning out.

I wish my balance was better then that of a 3 year old retarded one legged midget. Believe I've tried to skate and broke/bruised all kinds of limbs in the process, but it was more recovering from my retardation with some casts on my limbs, then actually standing on a board. Never nailed one trick (not even an ollie;P) so i decided it's not for me

Bahahaha , damn that's rough man. I've been thankful to not have broken shit yet. It's ironic I shoot X-rays now yet still do something that could potentially break my bones.

What's some crazy wipe outs you guys have had? I went to kick flip like a 5 ft loading dock and landed smack on the tail and that sucker flew so fast into my eye socket. Everyone thought ingot in a huge fight at school. I went with it

I ride occasionally now and then. Not much trick skating, just cruising. My worst crash had to be off a two foot mini ramp. I was coming down and hit a nice sized piece of gravel and went face first into the pavement. I have it on video somewhere. I should see if I can find that. It's funny now!

Does anyone have or has seen the "Skinned Alive" dvd? It's a documentary about the correlation between skateboarding & tattooing. LST's Tim Hendricks has an interview & a part where he tattoos Eric Dressen's back. Eric Dressen also has an interview where he brings up Clay Decker who I saw just joined the forum. It also has the Godoy brothers, Fred Smith, Mark Mahoney, Danny Romo, Neil Heddings, Bill Danforth, Jason Jessee & a few other dudes. It's worth it just to see the Jason Jessee part...shit's hilarious!