Know any good artists ;) ?

calicl91

Hello LST,

I came here trying to find clues as to who are some of the best artists in my region of the country. I live in cincinnati, but would gladly drive a fair distance for a quality piece. I have one tattoo already, and have been pondering my next for many months. I am still not set on my design, or even sure that I want a tattoo in the nearest future, but as I am sure many of you know, I feel as though I am perpetually thinking of what I want my next tattoo to be. I am not obsessive, I have resisted the urge many times to leap on my favorite idea of the month, IMO, patiently pondering what I want seems to be part of the process. I have had many ideas that I have really loved and was serious about, but after letting them sit in the back of my brain for awhile my interest usually fades. That being said, I am still on the hunt for a great artist in my region, I'll pay the $ and take the time for a good tattoo, and to get that tattoo under the hand of someone who knows and cares about what they are doing. That being said, I appreciate any and all suggestions. I have seen tattoos on other people that I love, not for the design itself per se, but because of how masterfully rendered it is and how that tattoo seems to be a natural and integral part of that person. I want to see that on myself, a part of my visual being that I had a direct hand in creating, that speaks to the quintessential elements of myself in a way that my body, as determined by evolution and DNA cannot. I know that is a lot to look for, in any field, but that is why I am patient. I have seen tattoos that fit perfectly in every way, and am looking for the artists responsible.

ps- thank you for any and all help

The shops that are mentioned are all good.Plurabella has the most talent in one shop.You can't go wrong with any artist in that shop.You can also check out

Designs by Dana Tattoo Dana Brunson is an old timer that does real nice work.His son Jason is good too.And Carter,& Nate do nice traditional/Asian work.

http://www.flying-tiger-tattoo.com/ Mason works here on the weekends.

http://www.tattooedtv.com/

This shop has some good tattooers in Dayton.

What style are you looking to get?

thank you all for your suggestions, i am def going to check each of them out. anyone have personal experience with beelistic? i spend a good deal of time in clifton, and walk past their shop daily. i have considered them for awhile, but some of the comments about things to avoid in shops had made me wary of them.

If you want to get radical, take a drive to the Chi and stop in at Chicago Tattooing. All of their tattooists are excellent, but Nick Colella is my main man there. Tattooing by Nick Colella.

6 hour drive, good scenery, killer city to visit, most excellent shop with one of the longest histories in the Midwest, and Dude...it's Chicago, right?!

Lemme know if you decide to come in, maybe I can come in with my sons and show you the sights.

If you want to get radical, take a drive to the Chi and stop in at Chicago Tattooing. All of their tattooists are excellent, but Nick Colella is my main man there. Tattooing by Nick Colella.

6 hour drive, good scenery, killer city to visit, most excellent shop with one of the longest histories in the Midwest, and Dude...it's Chicago, right?!

Lemme know if you decide to come in, maybe I can come in with my sons and show you the sights.

LST

you guys rock, i am seriously a little overwhelmed and i do not mean to gush, but your suggestions of artists are breathtaking, and in a few cases, exactly what i was looking for. i have scoured the internet via google for quality artists but the majority of results returned by my searches were those shitty websites that sell tattoo designs. plurabella seems to be an utter gem that had escaped my notice in the queen city. i have been a member of many forums, none so helpful and open as this, and ive been a member for less than 24 hrs! keep up the excellent fuckin work people, i am so glad i found this community

if you want to stay in the cincy area, check out http://www.flying-tiger-tattoo.com/ mason has already been mentioned that works there but my buddy andy blair works there too. he does nice tradtional style stuff. also as mentioned dana brunson is in the queen city as well. if you are looking for black and grey or portrait work or something else specifically and want to travel outside the city let me know and i can direct you towards other folks as well. i'm north of dayton and know folks up around here as well as in the columbus area. so it's just a matter of what you are looking for style wise. also thanks @Scott R for the mention. greatly appreciated!