Hello

DrewA

Hello,

I've been reading this forum for a couple of months and I decided to join. It has been great reading the discussions and admiring the solid tattoos everyone has. I currently lives in WI and I work as a cheese maker. in my free time I like going outdoors, traveling, and drawing.

See you all around,

Drew

We mostly make mozzarella sticks that go to get battered and deep fried. We also make some provolone and "cheese curds" which is cheddar cheese before it is pressed or aged. Recently, we experimented by making a spicy cheese curd by adding capsicum, and they turned out great!

I have not but it sounds delicious. Also, that is a very interesting process how they get they shell to form on the outside and to keep the cream in. We don't do many artisan cheese, but mainly focus on a natural, clean part skim mozzarella. Are you a farmstead operation?

Can this become a cheese tattoo thread? I don't have one, but I'd love to get a mouse running with a big ole triangle of cheese.

Most definitely! I don't think I would ever get a cheese tattoo, but we always joke about it at work. The best idea has been Chuck E Cheese skipping along a golden cheese road.... working hard!

I am not heavily covered in tattoos, but I have a couple. I posted two of them in the gallery, and they should be attached to this post. Both of these tattoos were done by Abe Krupinski of the Flesh Chamber in Appleton. The sailor woman was a replica tattoo of one that my grandpa had. He got it when he was in the Navy in the 50's. I'm not sure who the artist was. It is of a woman in a sailor uniform with a mop and bucket. I put the dates my grandpa lived underneath. The tiger is a tiger... not too complex.

I have not but it sounds delicious. Also, that is a very interesting process how they get they shell to form on the outside and to keep the cream in. We don't do many artisan cheese, but mainly focus on a natural, clean part skim mozzarella. Are you a farmstead operation?

no, i am not a farmstead operation...i am just a suburban homesteader ;)...actually i just like to eat A LOT!

here is how i make burrata...if you can make mozzarella, this will be a cinch for you: How To Make Burrata Cheese (Step-by-Step Pictorial) | Marin Homestead

just what we do around the house: Recipes, Garden, Chickens & more! | Marin Homestead

Very cool. I like the website! I might give it a go.

Drew

no, i am not a farmstead operation...i am just a suburban homesteader ;)...actually i just like to eat A LOT!

here is how i make burrata...if you can make mozzarella, this will be a cinch for you: How To Make Burrata Cheese (Step-by-Step Pictorial) | Marin Homestead

just what we do around the house: Recipes, Garden, Chickens & more! | Marin Homestead